Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
06 CLS500 AMG, 05 Cadillac XLR, Custom 02 & 03 Honda VTX 1800c, 01 GMC ex cab dually 4wd
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have tried everything in the manual about resinking my sunroof, resetting, adjusting but its still touches closed and partially reopens... Someone must know what is wrong and how to fix it. I even tried checking it with the key fob in summer mode where the windows open seat coolers come on but the moonroof will not open. Something is going on that is not such a simple fix. The dealer says there is a sensor band around the glass roof causing the problem and the glass roof needs to be replaced, come on... lets fix the problem.

Chris

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
clean and lube sunroof tracks. Use only MB sunroof lube.
+1, A clean up job on the rails is all that is needed:thumbsup:

·
Registered
W220 2004 S500
138 Posts
If that does not work, try this.

Open all the way, then activate the auto close, but immediately stop it, then activate the auto close.

There are 3 or 4 presets for a partial open. If you unset it all the way by opening by holding the switch, then closing by holding the switch, it will use the first place which is slightly tilted.

·
52,804 Posts
If that does not work, try this.

Open all the way, then activate the auto close, but immediately stop it, then activate the auto close.

There are 3 or 4 presets for a partial open. If you unset it all the way by opening by holding the switch, then closing by holding the switch, it will use the first place which is slightly tilted.
I'm a little confused by this post, could you elaborate on it?

·
Registered
C200 2006
16 Posts
Annual problem?

"Moonroof will touch closed and partially open again..
Next project!

Sunroof will only touch closed and partially open 3-4". To close it I have to play with the close button. Is there a roof sensor to replace or is it a case where I will have to replace the moonroof because the sensor is rapped around the glass? I have tried to reset it and adjust it as per the manual and nothing works. To check it I have tried the fob in the summer mode and the roof will not open. The windows and air cooled seats work but not the roof.. The dealer told me I need to replace the moonroof as the sensor is around the glass, obviously very expensive and I want to be sure!
Last edited by Roadan : 11-03-2008 at 05:20 AM. Reason: adding info."

·
Registered
06 CLS500 AMG, 05 Cadillac XLR, Custom 02 & 03 Honda VTX 1800c, 01 GMC ex cab dually 4wd
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sunroof paste (lubricant)

Ok, It looks like I need some of this lubricant for my sunroof tracks. It only come in large quantities from the dealer (part number A 001989 14 51) does any one have some I can buy in a smaller quantity?

Chris

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
there is a guy in georgia in the 126 forum that sells it in small pouches.

do a search in the 126 forum cause I can't remember his name.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure you tried resynch?

Are you sure you did the resynch properly, my 2003 s430 did the same thing when battery was changed.

The fix in the manual says this :

switch on ignition
push the roof switch in UP direction until it is raised at the rear (ie: just vented, not open)
hold switch for 1 s
roof is now synched.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The roof will not sync. it will not go into the vented postion. I lubed it, tried manual adjsutment to closed position ect ect ect I have tried EVERYTHING!!!! It touches closed and opens 4". Is there a sensor switch anywhere? I need a subject matter expert please.

Chris

·
52,804 Posts
Needs the test equipment on it as it now sounds to be faulty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you ever figure out what was wrong with it because mine is doing the same thing , its almost like it jumped a couple teeth on the track

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there! Im having the same problem with my 2001 s430... I'm getting the warning dash. How can i get rid of this? Thanks!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts