Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im a new user here and i recently bought a s430. the Ecu on the passenger side firewall had caught fire before i bought it. i purchased one from a junkyard and then called MB dealer and they were asking about a Transmission control module which is missing from what i can tell. they told me i have to order it from them no matter what because it has to be programmed to my car and married to the ECU>? my basic Q is will the ECU i bought from the junkyard work on my car? and if so if i order the Transmission control module off the same car will it work on mine or not. if not is there anyway to have them programmed to my car anywhere? maybe sent off by MB or something like that? thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Have you ever heard of mission impossible? If you have then you will understand the challenge you have just taken on;)

·
Registered
2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
1,335 Posts
So let me get this straight....was the car running when you bought it? Did you know the ECU had gone extra crispy when you got the car?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
So let me get this straight....was the car running when you bought it? Did you know the ECU had gone extra crispy when you got the car?
How could the car be running when he bought it with a fried ECU and possibly a missing or fried TCU which is in the same area as the ECU. More importantly how is the wiring?

They said it needs a TCU to be married to the ECU so I assume its running now but with transmission problems.

If he buys the TCU from the original donar car then it should work OK, albeit there are a few questions not least of which is the transmission wiring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts