Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you had a problem with the driver's side window??<br>
The auto down works fine, but when I hit the auto up, the window goes up about half way, stops then drops down about an inch and stops completely. I then have to hit up again for it to close.<br>
this is an intermittant problem... it will happen three or four times and then the window will work fine for a while... then happen again.<br>
<br>
any ideas on what might be wrong??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Joel,<br> <br> I had a friend with this same problem. <br> <br> There is a safety feature on the windows that make them reverse direction if they encounter any resistance (such as a childs fingers).<br> <br> His window was a bit out of alignment and this was causing the safety feature to kick in. He was able to close the window on the 2nd try as you described.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: UPDATE 2000 S-class window problem

aftre the first trip to the dealer, after about 30 seconds of looking at the window, they said they have to 'resync' the four windows... they supposedly did that, then about five minutes later while driving home, i tried again and it still didn't work right.<br> after the second trip to the dealer, the car was with them for 6 hours, until they finally determined that it might be the motor that needs to be replaced.<br> they ordered the part... takes a week to come in...<br> we'll see if this actually fixes the prob.<br> <br> MB customer service and quality control is crap compared to what it used to be... this is my 4th benz, 2nd S-class and this is the first time i have had so many 'little' problems....<br> the new BMW 7 series is looking very appealing right now.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: UPDATE 2000 S-class window problem

Have similar problems with my 02 ML500 windows (all of them). Motors, switches and door modules all have been replaced. Still does it. Factory tech says its most likely the window track insulation out of spec. Waiting for engineering data from factory to replace all window track insulation/gaskets

·
Registered
2007 S550
15 Posts
Guest (MBNZ) said:
aftre the first trip to the dealer, after about 30 seconds of looking at the window, they said they have to 'resync' the four windows... they supposedly did that, then about five minutes later while driving home, i tried again and it still didn't work right.<br> after the second trip to the dealer, the car was with them for 6 hours, until they finally determined that it might be the motor that needs to be replaced.<br> they ordered the part... takes a week to come in...<br> we'll see if this actually fixes the prob.<br> <br> MB customer service and quality control is crap compared to what it used to be... this is my 4th benz, 2nd S-class and this is the first time i have had so many 'little' problems....<br> the new BMW 7 series is looking very appealing right now.<br> <br>
I've begun having the exact same intermittent "half up and stop" problem on the driver window on my 2000 S500. Did replacing your window motor fix it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2000 S500 also started to have the same problem on the driver's side window, among many other frustrating problems encountered with the W220.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts