Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S500 that causes tires on the front to cup at aproximatly 7500 miles thus creating a noise that sounds lite you are driving on a wash board. Original Goodyear tires replaced after 13500 miles Replacement tires,Michlen, cupping after 8000 miles. This is not a tire problem. It is a mechanicle problem that I am discussing with Mercedes. I have two friends that have had the same problem. This is my forth S-class and the only one that has had this codition. If anyone has had the same problem I would like to hear from you as I am having discussions with Mercedes people. thank you.<br>
<br>
Earl <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2000 CLK-430 with this problem. The car dealer says its the tires and the tire dealer says its the car. They told me that if I didn't like the sound of bad wheel bearings or snow tires, I should have bought another car. The tires are Continentals and they are 'Cupped'. The tire dealer says that there is no solution to this problem (more expensive, softer tires, etc.)<br> <br> I can't believe how indifferent Mercedes is!<br> <br> Vaughn Marian <br> <br> <br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts