Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 ML55(cheap), but the radio doesn't work(part of the reason it was so cheap), I get the blue screen, with "please enter security code" but the keypad doesn't work, it's doesn't seem like any of the radio keys/buttons work.

Any ideas? Is it fixable, or should I try to find a replacement?

Also if anyone could give me the code, it might help.
VIN is 4JGAB74E9YA181999

many thanks!

:crybaby2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skylaw, your post is a waste of time.

Skylaw, if you don't want to help, then don't. But please don't waste anyone's time, saying radio codes are top secret, no one is trying to steal an 8 year old MB radio.

Help is welcome, opinions are best kept to yourself.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Skylaw, if you don't want to help, then don't. But please don't waste anyone's time, saying radio codes are top secret, no one is trying to steal an 8 year old MB radio.

OK, this post is waste of time too, but so is yours. :rolleyes:

I also thought at some point that it would be less critical to give codes for old radios but then reading posts where owners want to bring the car back to original and cannot find any appropriate HU, I realised the 8 years old or older HU may be worth more than a more modern one.

There are ways to obtain the code, if not for free as usually, at least with a very reasonable cost where the ownership can be verified too.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,183 Posts

First, you showed us your ignorance by not reading what has been posted before. I must admit that responding to radio code requests is a waste of time, because people who won't take the time to do any reading on the forum, or use the search tool before making a request, rarely look beyond their own short-term selfish interest, and then often lash out when they don't get their way. If I choose to waste my time even knowing a short-sighted response such as yours may result, it's my choice; you wasted mine and everyone else's when you made that particular request, which has been answered by many folks, the same way, over 30 times on this forum alone.

As for help, not opinions, re-read the post I referenced you to; I told you how to get the code. I also told you why you wouldn't get it here.

Before you lecture me on help (or Diesel Benz either, since he has very gently expanded on the answer), check out some of the posts dealing with things such as telematics - phones, adding iPod interfaces, and the like - and W220 systems that both Diesel Benz and I have written over the years - you'll see we have offered plenty of help, long before you ever joined the forum. We get the point on help - far better than you.

And we continue to do so, to make radios less of a theft target. That helps legitimate owners. Diesel Benz has punctured your "no one wants to steal an old radio" theory. And by the way - it may not be just a stolen radio. It could involve a stolen car. Your short-term focus shows again.

If you are a legitimate owner, the post I referenced you to told you how to get the code for your radio. For most legitimate owners, that is satisfactory - and if you had read the radio code posts, you'd have seen that.

Even as a newbie, you're welcome to post your opinions. However, in the future I hope yours will be more valuable than you have shown so far. Apparently, in your opinion, we should sacrifice the good of the legitimate owners on the forum to your selfish interests; and we should make the forum a haven for thieves.

Unless you can show opinions of much greater worth, don't tell me not to post mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original question, keypad doesn't work.

Ok, people, this post is about the front panel/keypad not working, forget the code, I can't enter the code, because the front panel doesn't work. The screen comes on, says enter code, but the buttons do nothing.

Yes I'm a newbie idiot for even suggesting someone send me the code. PLEASE PLEASE, do not send me the code. But if you have advice on the front panel not working, I would apprciate it.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,183 Posts
I have no experience with the ML MCS system. The only suggestion that comes to mind that sometimes works with other systems is to pull the circuit breakers for the MCS, wait about a minute, then replace it.

One of the more knowledgeable folks I know on the forum concerning the ML is Paul H. Dick. You can try e-mailing him through his site at Welcome to Paul's MB (and Triumph) Info Website. There is also a ton of ML and other MB information, not related to the problem you describe - but you may find browsing it to be interesting.

Paul has been very generous in responding to requests made through his site.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Ok, people, this post is about the front panel/keypad not working, forget the code, I can't enter the code, because the front panel doesn't work. The screen comes on, says enter code, but the buttons do nothing.
You can try what Skylaw suggests but if it does not work, then it likely is a contact/connector issue at the HU. The "official" fix for that would be a new HU but you could always try to dismantle the unit to see if some wires are broken or if there are poor connections, soldering issues or similar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought a 2000 ML55(cheap), but the radio doesn't work(part of the reason it was so cheap), I get the blue screen, with "please enter security code" but the keypad doesn't work, it's doesn't seem like any of the radio keys/buttons work.

Any ideas? Is it fixable, or should I try to find a replacement?

Also if anyone could give me the code, it might help.
VIN is 4JGAB74E9YA181999

many thanks!

:crybaby2:
Call Fletcher Jones Mercedes in New Port Beach, Calif.
(866) 676-1457 When ever I end up having to pull the radio from a Benz and if the customer does not have the code, I call them give them the vin and they were able to give me the code.
Not very secure if you ask me, but I'll not complain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts