Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the shifter with a used one that was allegedly tested. I also replaced the conductor plate and all of the solenoids, the filter and fluid and I can not shift out of park and when I manually put in drive, it does not shift out of 1st gear. I did not flash/program anything. The relevant code which shows on my Bosch engine analyzer is P0743 which is the TCC solenoid which I replaced. Not sure what to do although I have heard that such a code can be deleted with an OBD II?

W163 and General M Gremlin
I have replaced the shifter with a used one that was allegedly tested. I also replaced the conductor plate and all of the solenoids, the filter and fluid and I can not shift out of park and when I manually put in drive, it does not shift out of 1st gear. I did not flash/program anything. The relevant code which shows on my Bosch engine analyzer is P0743 which is the TCC solenoid which I replaced. Not sure what to do although I have heard that such a code can be deleted with an OBD II?
Welcome to BW bcraig0512,

Good to have you as a new member.
To realize the full benefit of this forum, please complete your user CP profile
====>
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save.

Erase the code, test and report back to the members here.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
You need to read and erase fault codes from both engine and transmission modules. Otherwise transmission will remain in electrical limp home mode. OBDII scanner will not do it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
You need to read and erase fault codes from both engine and transmission modules. Otherwise transmission will remain in electrical limp home mode. OBDII scanner will not do it.
Thank you and I ordered a icarsoft MB II scanner from Amazon. I have read that this one should do the job?

Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2017 C43 AMG,1929 Victory 6 roadster, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Thank you and I ordered a icarsoft MB II scanner from Amazon. I have read that this one should do the job?
Autel or foxwell would be a better choice of scanner.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! I ordered the icarsoft because it is supposedly user friendly. I am a bit of a techno tard but if it does not work I will get either the Autel or Foxwell. Thanks again, Bob

Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
From what I have read and seen from other member's posts the iCarsoft should do it.
Which model did you purchase?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
iCarsoft MB II. Allegedly user friendly. One of our members thought the Autel or Foxwell would be btr. I have not researched much but will do so.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
iCarsoft MB II. Allegedly user friendly. One of our members thought the Autel or Foxwell would be btr. I have not researched much but will do so.
User Friendly is kind of vague term.
For me most important thing about any scanner is ability to store and share results.
If you need to sit at it and take muddy pictures of the screen with your phone to present scan results is not "user friendly"

Here are couple of live data scans. One with shifter in P, second with shifter in R.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Everyone,

Can trans fluid actually wick up from the 13 pin connector to the TCM and cause issues?

Tkx,

Bob Craig

Super Moderator
It can and has caused members here problems.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! Unless I am able to delete codes I may be replacing the TCM. Do you know if it has to be flashed/programmed?

Super Moderator
It does not.
Many have successfully opened up the TCM and cleaned the ATF out of it and have last a very long time after the repair.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
OMG that is good to hear cuz I did find some fluid on my connector but the weird thing is that I installed a new conductor plate when I installed new solenoids. If I am not able to delete the codes I will go after the TCM. If I were to buy a new or new used TCM would it have to be programmed/flashed? Tkx Bob

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Question: Could the used shifter (but looked like new) be responsible for my symptoms? It was allegedly tested before being sent to me. I think you are right that it may very well be the TCM. I will let all know what happens after I delete codes. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Super Moderator
I doubt it is the shifter.
A new or used TCM will not need coding.
Did you clear the codes from both the TCM and the ECM? That has to be done
as Witek had already posted, but I did not see that confirmed the steps were taken.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts