Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ML430 with 62k miles. A few weeks ago the ABS, ets, BAS and srs lights come on and the warning beep goes on. I had the brake switch replaced under a recall. A day later same problem. I drive about 5-6 hours a day. For the first 4 hours nothing but the longer the car is driven in a day the more frequent it happens. After about 6 hours of driving it happens about once every 15 minutes. I have to pull over turn car on and off and it resets itself. Because of how it never happens for the first 4 hours my friend says he thinks its a battery or alternator. Please help do you have any other advice. How can I disable or disconnect the beeping sound till I can get it to the shop in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have a 2000 ML430 with 62k miles. A few weeks ago the ABS, ets, BAS and srs lights come on and the warning beep goes on. I had the brake switch replaced under a recall. A day later same problem. I drive about 5-6 hours a day. For the first 4 hours nothing but the longer the car is driven in a day the more frequent it happens. After about 6 hours of driving it happens about once every 15 minutes. I have to pull over turn car on and off and it resets itself. Because of how it never happens for the first 4 hours my friend says he thinks its a battery or alternator. Please help do you have any other advice. How can I disable or disconnect the beeping sound till I can get it to the shop in a couple weeks.
Have your alternator tested. Have them test it five times in a row, if it fails you know what the problem is.

Does Autozone still do it for free?

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Beeper is part of instrument cluster circuit board. No easy way to disable it.

Check battery voltage with engine running when problem occurs. Check brake fluid level, visually check condition of brake pads. Have vehicle scanned for codes at first opportunity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Constant Beeping

:confused:Hi i'm new here but I have that exact same problem with my 2000 ml430, this was after a recommended mechanic changed my brakes and rotors. I took it to the dealer because of the noise and they wanted $2900.00 just to get rid of the beeping. I am still having the problem, it's on constantly, so are there any geniuses out there to help me? couldn't pay that $2900.00.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts