Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 320 has the Panorama sunroof. The drain on the passenger side has been redone twice and recently the drivers drain came undone at the elbow under the dash. I reinserted the drain tube into the elbow and uploaded some pictures to aid others, I hope.

The under dash cover has to be dropped, 4 screws.
Then lift the black fiber cover up to expose the area above the parking brake cable attachment. The drain tube and elbow is directly above and behind this area. One can pull the tube into the elbow at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,558 Posts
lummibay

First off, you are to be congratulated for actually filling out your profile data on your first post. That is rarely the case.

Appreciate your posting the routing of the sunroof drain hoses for your ML. I have been extremely fortunate with my 99 ML430 that I have never had the dreaded soggy floor.

Your panorama sunroof is extremely rare. I am sure that you are familiar with its issues over the years. If yours is functional, another congratulations, and I would highly recommend that you keep that puppy well lubricated !!

Welcome to the forum !!

·
Registered
2000 MB ml320
21 Posts
My 320 has the Panorama sunroof. The drain on the passenger side has been redone twice and recently the drivers drain came undone at the elbow under the dash. I reinserted the drain tube into the elbow and uploaded some pictures to aid others, I hope.

The under dash cover has to be dropped, 4 screws.
Then lift the black fiber cover up to expose the area above the parking brake cable attachment. The drain tube and elbow is directly above and behind this area. One can pull the tube into the elbow at this point.
thank u for posting this, this helped me solve mine on the driver side. i still can't fix the passenger side, because the tubes disconnected and its hard to space to try to fix it.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,188 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
663 Posts
As stated in Khomer's link.. You need to add about 2 to 3 inches of hose if you don't want it to come back out again..

I used 1/2" vinyl hose.. use needle nose pliers to stretch out one end to fit over old hose

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,558 Posts
The heat shrink idea seems promising.

Another tip ...if you are trying to add the clear plastic tubing to any sort of pipe is to use a heat gun to heat up the end of the piece of tubing you are adding. Another way to accomplish this is to stick about two inches of the tubing in some very hot water for a few seconds before attempting to stretch over existing tubing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts