Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ML320 with the Navigation radio with Tape Deck and Nav CD built in with CD changer in the rear. The tpae gets stuck and wont eject. Error message says "Tape may be wound too tight" and will not eject. tried a screw driver. No ejection pin hole???? :confused:

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,598 Posts
I have a 2000 ML320 with the Navigation radio with Tape Deck and Nav CD built in with CD changer in the rear. The tpae gets stuck and wont eject. Error message says "Tape may be wound too tight" and will not eject. tried a screw driver. No ejection pin hole???? :confused:
People actually use that? I looked at mine and don't see any way to get a stuck tape out other than using a small screwdriver and gently pying until it comes out - I'm assuming here that the EJECT button isn't working, right? Good luck.

·
Registered
10' CX-9 GT-AWD, 03' e39, 98' ML (gone but not forgotten)
433 Posts
you have to pull the MCS out, take off the cover, connect to an external 12 V source, there is a way to eject the tape from within.

·
Registered
2000 ML-430 Polar White
319 Posts
I have the same issue. no solution. After about a year, the tape started drying to do stuff when i turned the car on and makes horrible noises. so i disconnected the power to the tape... :)

I found a better way to plug my ipod in anyway.

·
Registered
2005 ML500
40 Posts
I have the same issue. no solution. After about a year, the tape started drying to do stuff when i turned the car on and makes horrible noises. so i disconnected the power to the tape... :)

I found a better way to plug my ipod in anyway.
How did you plug your ipod in?

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2003 Clk 500(sold) , 2005 Chrysler Crossfire(sold) 2000 S430
46 Posts
Okay so i had this problem and i messed around with it myself and fixed it. I dont know if this will help but. I had a tape deck that had an ipod cord attached. What i did to get it out was take out the radio. Continue to connect and disconnect the power from the radio while pressing the eject and pulling the wire to get the cassette to come. After about 4 minutes of messing around i got it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts