Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just got this 2000 ml320 that the driver seat is stuck forward where in only a 140lb person can drive. The passenger side is the same but not as close. When I push the controls on both seats nothing happens. No sound or click. I checked the fuses and both are good. I checked under the drivers seat and all wires are plugged tight. I can't figure out how to adjust manually just so I can drive it and get it registered. Any tips would be appreciated. I tried a power probe but Im afraid i might fry any other electronics and cause more damage.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,985 Posts
Where did you check the fuses and what were their numbers?

Did you check to see that the fuses had 12v while the key was on?

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I checked under passenger kick panel. It had a list of fuses on panel. There are 2, 30 amp fuses 1for driver and 1 for passenger seat. Both seats don't move at all. The previous owner didn't even know that it didn't work because they never adjusted the seats I guess. I pulled out fuses and saw they are intact . I replaced anyway but no change.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
You checked fuse 8 20amp and 11 30amp? Both seats use the same fuse. Doubtfull you have 2 bad control modules (each seat has it's own)!

Then relay #15 and I don't have a number for this but a relay called the "comfort relay" that feeds fuse 11. Don't know why but it's number is not on the wiring diagram I have.

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the cover of the kick panel had a fuse separate for driver's side and passenger. Maybe a 2000 ml320 is different for later models? I had a 99 ml430 to compare it and it was different also.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,140 Posts
yes the cover of the kick panel had a fuse separate for driver's side and passenger. Maybe a 2000 ml320 is different for later models? I had a 99 ml430 to compare it and it was different also.
There was a question in post #2. Do power seat fuses have 12V with key in position 2?

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried testing it with key on but nothing, it was reading zero. It was during nighttime, maybe
i was not hitting the contacts and it is difficult ,since I can barely squeeze in the little space since the seat is sitting forward. I did switch out the fuse with a new one before going online and it still did not work.

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any way to move the seat manually just so i can drive it? it is a struggle just moving the car from my driveway because of the space? I have the drivers seat unbolted but can't find anything disconnected and I was hoping I can adjust it with a socket or something.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,140 Posts
is there any way to move the seat manually just so i can drive it? it is a struggle just moving the car from my driveway because of the space? I have the drivers seat unbolted but can't find anything disconnected and I was hoping I can adjust it with a socket or something.
Remove seat switch, find two wires going to motor m1. White/pink. Apply 12V briefly. If seat moves wrong way reverse polarity.

2020-02-10_075313.png

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Also the footwell fuse box is modular those red brackets pop in and out kinda of like circuit breakers. Just checking the fuse and relay for the fuel pump I dislodged the bracket and had to snap it back in. Could be also that the contacts on the back of the red bracket are damaged or corroded. Sorry about the mis-info on the fuses that was off of the mitchell's diagram It shows the same fuse and relay numbers for both seats.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,985 Posts
Here is the procedure to remove the seat switch.

Understand that you must first test the two fuses for 12v before removing the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Here is the wiring diagram both seats are the same except Mitchell has both the left and right seats labeled as fuse 11 this is a misprint.

Fuse 8 is heating circuit
Fuse 10 left
Fuse 11 right

To power up the motor you can make a power source out of an old flash light that plugs into the12v socket. and has a double divided cord like house hold lamp cord.
Just snip off the light, strip and put the desired connector on alligator clips, etc, that way it is fused.

There is also the possibility your right sunroof drain is leaking and has cause some corrosion.

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here is the wiring diagram both seats are the same except Mitchell has both the left and right seats labeled as fuse 11 this is a misprint.

Fuse 8 is heating circuit
Fuse 10 left
Fuse 11 right

To power up the motor you can make a power source out of an old flash light that plugs into the12v socket. and has a double divided cord like house hold lamp cord.
Just snip off the light, strip and put the desired connector on alligator clips, etc, that way it is fused.

There is also the possibility your right sunroof drain is leaking and has cause some corrosio

seat ci

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remove seat switch, find two wires going to motor m1. White/pink. Apply 12V briefly. If seat moves wrong way reverse polarity.

View attachment 2620101
Is it one of the wires that have connectors that attach to (black box) seat module? i detached a red, blue,yello white pink and brown connectors from seat module each one has multiple wires. Only the white had 2 colors but it was pink and beige. Anyway ,I connected 12 v on these connectors based on a video I was on youtube, but none iof it made the seat move.

·
Registered
2000 ml320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the procedure to remove the seat switch.

Understand that you must first test the two fuses for 12v before removing the switch.
Thanks everyone, I will try again on monday since i won't be working. I did connect a tester probe to fuse with key on pos 2, It did not beep for either one. The readings were 1.5v. I detached drivers seat completely and tried to jump the seat based on what I saw on youtube but no luck. I am probably doing it wrong because I was going directly off attachments that are connected to seat module. I like the Idea of trying from the seat. Thanks again everyone. I would not be trying all this without all of your advice. I will update you if I am successful.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,140 Posts
Is it one of the wires that have connectors that attach to (black box) seat module? i detached a red, blue,yello white pink and brown connectors from seat module each one has multiple wires. Only the white had 2 colors but it was pink and beige. Anyway ,I connected 12 v on these connectors based on a video I was on youtube, but none iof it made the seat move.
Take a picture of the seat switch. If you have rare ML320 with seat memory package then we need to look at different diagram.

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
665 Posts
When I first got my ML, the seats were stuck forward.. The kick panel fuse/relay box was trash.. The leak in the sun roof drain.. did it in.. Any signs of water damage?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts