Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes ML320
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying remove the ABS pump from the hydraulic unit to repair the solenoid. While the screw on the engine side comes out very easily, the one on the windshield fluid reservoir side has very little space for tools and the screw is stripped. Any suggestions on how I can remove it without taking the entire unit out. I am trying to avoid the bleeding of the brakes.

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
461 Posts
Do you have a Dremel tool ?... Cut a slot in screw head.. use flat head screwdriver to take it out..

·
Registered
2001 ML430 230K Miles
87 Posts
No I don’t
There's you're reason to go buy one!! They are quite inexpensive at Home Depot or Lowes, or ask around, maybe someone you know has one you can borrow. I've got three of the damn things!! One I bought and then I was given 2 by different people who know I use all kinds of different tools and now I wont say no to another one.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
510 Posts
I am trying remove the ABS pump from the hydraulic unit to repair the solenoid. While the screw on the engine side comes out very easily, the one on the windshield fluid reservoir side has very little space for tools and the screw is stripped. Any suggestions on how I can remove it without taking the entire unit out. I am trying to avoid the bleeding of the brakes.
If stripped you may want to try a allen head. I have sometimes had luck using one to get out a torx screw head that was stripped but not in tight quarters that your dealing with. You will need to fumble around to see what fits snug, and metric or inch.

or

Can you get a needle nose vice grip on it? You may not have enough room but worth a shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts