Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having problems with my ML 320 driver side window. the switch allows me to roll down the window but bringing it back up is a task.

I know the switch is bad but does anyone know if just the switch could be replaced or do i have t replace the entire window panel on the console?

·
Registered
2011 E550 4-Matic
85 Posts
My ML430 had the exact same problem. Took it in a few months back. The switch is bad. Unfortunately all 4 window switches are part of an assembly. Don't know the cost as I had the extended warranty and it was covered. It may not be too hard to do yourself as I see a bunch of guys on the forum have experience taking apart the center console.

·
Registered
11 Posts
43sqd said:
Try this info supplied by another member.

Simple Web Page
I followed the instructions on this web page with no difficulty - window now goes up and down! - Do have one question: The instrcutions reference a "single pink wire" Whne I pulled my system, that single pink wire was unplugged and wrapped around on of the other harnesses. I can see where it should go (bought a new assembly and willkeep the repaired one as a spare) -Anyone know what it does?

thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,580 Posts
Ecurie_Martini said:
I followed the instructions on this web page with no difficulty - window now goes up and down! - Do have one question: The instrcutions reference a "single pink wire" Whne I pulled my system, that single pink wire was unplugged and wrapped around on of the other harnesses. I can see where it should go (bought a new assembly and willkeep the repaired one as a spare) -Anyone know what it does?

thanks

Do you have rear power vent windows?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never going to dealer with window problems again.

Thanks to everyone who posted to this thread. With the information on this thread, I was able to procure a replacement switch assembly and replace it with relative facility. I was able to complete the repair operation in less than an hour. Paid $180 dollars for a replacement switch assembly and overnight shipping. You guys just put the dealers and mechanics out of work for this problem.

Regards,
wfrazier2

·
Registered
'08 ML320 CDI
894 Posts
My front window switch is acting up too and a search got me to this thread. Now, in my case, the window goes up and down without problems. The issue is that the button has very little resistance, so I think some kind of spring must be gone that usually offers the resistance. Does anyone have good pictures of this, so I can understand what I'm looking for?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
97SL500R129, 01ML320W163, 94E320W124 & 93500EW124
2,918 Posts
- Do have one question: The instrcutions reference a "single pink wire" Whne I pulled my system, that single pink wire was unplugged and wrapped around on of the other harnesses. I can see where it should go (bought a new assembly and willkeep the repaired one as a spare) -Anyone know what it does?

thanks
The Single Pink Wire goes to the lock/unlock switch on the center console. This is where I tapped the "unlock-common" wire when I installed an after market key less remote when my original key remote lock/unlock function quit working.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
4 Posts
Is there a drivers window fuse?I'vetried taking the switch controlpanelapart ( twice).All theother switches work fine.Except my drivers door window.Nothing.Alllooked fine when I had it apart also.So,if there isnt afuse problem,maybe I need to just buy an entire switch ( center counsel ) panel?Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
9,300 Posts
Is there a drivers window fuse?I'vetried taking the switch controlpanelapart ( twice).All theother switches work fine.Except my drivers door window.Nothing.Alllooked fine when I had it apart also.So,if there isnt afuse problem,maybe I need to just buy an entire switch ( center counsel ) panel?Any thoughts?
Fuse f30 works left front window. In left switch connector find white and tan wires. Connect volt meter and see if you have voltage both ways up/down. Switch connected.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I previously found the window fuses,and they are "OK"
(f29 and f 30 ). Ill have to check for power at the switch when I get more time. I get the sinking feeling that the switch is bad,and I read on the other post( that shows how to disassemble,fix the contacts,and reassemble) that MB just throws the entire assembly away,and installs a new one.I was trying to avoid that,but that is probably whats going to have to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can ML320 windows be raised without fixing switch?

HELP!!!

Hi. New to this forum. Searched for ML320 window switch problems to see if there is a quick solution for me. Passenger side switch failed and window is full down. 300 mile drive to home. Is there a way to short out any wires to activate the window raising? I know how to open the console panel that houses the switch assembly, but cannot quickly get a new switch assembly, and need to drive car home.

There should be a way to short together a couple of wires leading to the switch assembly to get the window back up.

Thanks!!!

having problems with my ML 320 driver side window. the switch allows me to roll down the window but bringing it back up is a task.

I know the switch is bad but does anyone know if just the switch could be replaced or do i have t replace the entire window panel on the console?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
9,300 Posts
HELP!!!

Hi. New to this forum. Searched for ML320 window switch problems to see if there is a quick solution for me. Passenger side switch failed and window is full down. 300 mile drive to home. Is there a way to short out any wires to activate the window raising? I know how to open the console panel that houses the switch assembly, but cannot quickly get a new switch assembly, and need to drive car home.

There should be a way to short together a couple of wires leading to the switch assembly to get the window back up.

Thanks!!!
Assuming it is right front window. In disconnected connector 1 on window switch group connect E (orange) to G (white). Connect F (tan) to ground.

This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,580 Posts
HELP!!!

Thanks!!!
What is the year of your truck? Don't you think that is important>

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
9,300 Posts
We don't even know if it is front or rear window. Then there is driver/passenger problem. Maybe poster is from country where they drive on wrong side of the road.:dunno:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts