Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Clk 320 100k miles

Noticing rust starting to bubble from under the paint in 5 areas of vehicle.

trunk lock ring also visual rusting.

Dealer told me - "out of warranty"

Has anyone had successs having mercedes goodwill cover rusting vehicles after intial 4 /50k warranty-

This is my first german car to ever rusty before 10 year....

Also apparently the car has been painted ... before I recieved it brand new in 2000- which indicates fowl play---also exploring....

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
My friend who used to work at the dealer told me sometimes they wreck the car, fix it and pretend nothing happens. Yours might be one of those [:(]. Your user manual should state the period that covers your "rust"

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
100k miles - you out of rust warranty. Apparently poor repair job is what cased that rust - so basically warranty for that part was voided already - you can try going after bodyshop who did the repairs, but usually they guaranty their work only to the original owner.

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
Mercedes has had a serious rusting problem with the W210's. Incredible really -- did they think they could leave off the rust-proofing and no one would notice??

The worst areas have been inside the doors along the guard beam and the seams, but the fender, roof and trunk edges have fallen to the orange cancer too.

Of particular safety concern are the shock towers which in the more moist climates have rusted out to the point that the suspension points were on the edge of failure.

Mercedes knows all about this. They gave discretionary dollars to their dealers to replace the bad panels, but the dealerships "award" the repairs to their long time customers. Do you use the dealership for all your maintenance? I don't! So they won't be willing to help.

It's a pretty crappy deal. Throw yourself on the mercy of a dealership only if you have a relationship -- otherwise you're on your own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts