Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500, Blue
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very easy question. Are 2000 Europa G500's pre-wired for sub-woofers or to go to amp for a sub-woofer? As always I am in the U.K. away from my G and wondering about this so I can get things rolling before I get home.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
no to both questions...

you need to add a line-output converter to send signal to an amplifier. Some amps come with circutry so you can plug speaker wires driectly into the amp, (mine does) but the circuits are never as good as a a dedicated converter like soundgates. Soundgate makes some of the best in the industry.

I've sent my front speaker wires into the line output converter, then sent that signal to an amp (with an Equalizer in the middle)... it's a 4 channel amp with the four front speakers driven off the front channels of the amp, and the sub driven off the rear channels. The rear door and d-pillar speakers are still deck powered, which i don't like, but i'm tired of doing speaker stuff for now.

I put the amp under the passenger seat and put the jack under the back seats. Honestly, there's so much space actually inside the rear seats i thought about putting the amp or subs in there, but again... i wanted to get the project done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts