Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know if there any adaptor for the phone so I can disconect the old phone and connect my regular cellphone?

·
Registered
W210 E55 , Excalibur Pheaton
78 Posts
yea theres the bluetooth puck . you can find them cheap if you get used . syncs right up to your cell phone everytime you enter and even stores you phone book .

·
Registered
2000-E320, 2012 Buick Enclave, 2004 Ford Ranger, 1973 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
194 Posts
To go bluetooth on your 2000 you will need:
BT Puck part number B67875856 $198
Cradle eliminator cable Q6820976 $71
Universal PSE Q6820971 $125
So you can do everything for about $400.00

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
To go bluetooth on your 2000 you will need:
BT Puck part number B67875856 $198
Cradle eliminator cable Q6820976 $71
Universal PSE Q6820971 $125
So you can do everything for about $400.00
Finally, a nice short list. One question:

If my car already had a phone, do I still need everything?

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
The phone in the 99-2000 E55 is old technology and that network/system is dead - the parts listed are what is required to change th old phone out and make compatible with today's cell phones - once installed it gives you plug-n-play capability with the existing stereo system.

If you don't need system muting (and can do manually) then a under $100 visor Blue Tooth unit like Blue Ant's models will work nicely - OR for around $400/or a hair more more you can change out the MB head unit for a aftermarket head unit (with adapter this is close to plug n play) pick up DVD feature, pick up better nav, pick up Bluetooth, pick up iPod compatibility - pick up a lot of nice added features (losing CD changer and losing steering wheels controls unless added cost adapter) as long as head unit pre-amp voltage is 4V preferably 4V+.

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
2002 AMG E55, 1997 E320
57 Posts
The phone in the 99-2000 E55 is old technology and that network/system is dead - the parts listed are what is required to change th old phone out and make compatible with today's cell phones - once installed it gives you plug-n-play capability with the existing stereo system.

If you don't need system muting (and can do manually) then a under $100 visor Blue Tooth unit like Blue Ant's models will work nicely - OR for around $400/or a hair more more you can change out the MB head unit for a aftermarket head unit (with adapter this is close to plug n play) pick up DVD feature, pick up better nav, pick up Bluetooth, pick up iPod compatibility - pick up a lot of nice added features (losing CD changer and losing steering wheels controls unless added cost adapter) as long as head unit pre-amp voltage is 4V preferably 4V+.

Keep the beat !

I have a 2002 E55. Is there different equipement I would need, or can I use what came with my car??

·
Registered
611 Posts

Keep the beat !
All true regarding aftermarket, but they are not Mercedes. Plus, I like the wheel controls so I am stuck.

Further, all of the one's I've seen look out of place. Glossy black, silver/chrome knobs, funky lights.

·
Registered
611 Posts

Keep the beat !
My question was mainly asking if I needed all of those parts if my car HAD a phone before. In other words, would my car already have some of those components?

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
244 Posts
My question was mainly asking if I needed all of those parts if my car HAD a phone before. In other words, would my car already have some of those components?
Does the new Blue Tooth puck and above mentioned kit tie in to all normal installed sytems with the COMAND and voice control system?

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Are we talking about this unit? In the bottom left corner it says "tel"...The book doesn't tell me anything other than I think it should have some sort of car phone? The car is a '99 and came with this unit, I have pre-facelift with no steering wheel controls....Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 E430 220K mi. Obsidian Black metallic, Ash/Orion Grey interior
1,252 Posts
Check out this sticky in the audio and telematics forum.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1313173-how-guide-cell-phone-upgrades-plug.html

It will answer all these questions. Basically, even if you have an installed phone system in a '99 through '02 W-210, you will need to at a minimum, change out the PSE module and get a V60 cradle or cradle adapter cable to enable the bluetooth puck to work in and plug into your car. If your car never had a phone installed, you have to go to the dealer and have the fiber optic "version coding" reprogrammed so that it will recognize the phone.

Fred

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Check out this sticky in the audio and telematics forum.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1313173-how-guide-cell-phone-upgrades-plug.html

It will answer all these questions. Basically, even if you have an installed phone system in a '99 through '02 W-210, you will need to at a minimum, change out the PSE module and get a V60 cradle or cradle adapter cable to enable the bluetooth puck to work in and plug into your car. If your car never had a phone installed, you have to go to the dealer and have the fiber optic "version coding" reprogrammed so that it will recognize the phone.

Fred
Thanks for that but a hands free set sounds like less hassle!!.....Having enough trouble with my PC.:(

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
244 Posts
Progress

<--- 2002 with COMAND and V60 phone system installed from factory

About a week ago, I purchased a used Blue Tooth puck from E-Bay. I am using an Apple iPhone 3GS.
The BT connection established right away. The COMAND system works with the TEL function now. [Yeah!] The steering wheel functions also work. The voice commands work too! Over all I am glad that I purchased the BT puck (around $200 shipped).

I do have one issue. The iPhone contacts download to the COMAND system, however, not all the contacts. You would think that if one contact was downloaded, they all should be? I will be looking into that problem. Perhaps it is the phone, or how the phone stores the contacts?
Has anyone experienced this problem? I will do a search in the other forums.

I just re-introduced my E55 to some of its luxury features: Being able to use the intalled phone system, connecting my music player to the AUX connection in the glove box, and enjoy ALL of the voice command features.....Life is good.

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
In the new E55 I have just bought (2001) it has a phone cradle and an old style Nokia phone that fits in it. The guy said it all works but he's taken his SIM card out. I suppose I could see if my phone company will give me another SIM with my number but I'd rather just have my phone connect via bluetooth....Which bits off the previous list do I need?

Attachments

·
Registered
02 clk 55 cabriolet
550 Posts
Thanks, I'm half way there....Forgive my ignorance but can you elaborate on PSE?:eek:
It's the "black box" that acts as the brain on the fiber ring. If you had a working digital phone in the car, there is no need to check it. On the CLK vert's, it is located behind the trunk lining on the drivers side below the antenna. Not sure if yours is located in the same location. It's about 4" x 10" x 1" thick. You'll have an antenna hooked to it along with the orange fiber port and a large serial type cable. On the older phones Mercedes played mix and match so some had the auto sense (blue label) PSE, and some did not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts