Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my other thread i found out that the E55 is one of the best cars ... for my idea in the market...

But i have some doubts...
Does the E55 lack the manual tranmission or did AMG Tune there tranny/chip for fastest shifting... would it beat a manual car...
With the 350 Horsepower and the 391 Lb of torque... I think they should have fixed and put a Fast tansmission in it... DOes it?

The E55 is a car with both power and luxury hopefully the transmission will not miss things up..

Does the 2000 have tiptronic.>?

aron-

·
Registered
233 Posts
GO drive one and you will clearly see that the e55 has no need for a manual transmission, a manual would just get in the way of what the enginners had in mind when they put the V-12 auto in this car.

In fact a manual tranny in a e55 would be like Pamela Anderson with larger breasts.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Yes, it's fun to drive. I remember when the 210 E55 was released. Motor trend raced it head to head with a C5 Corvette and they said that the Mercedes would win 99% of stop light drags because the Mercedes can be driven very quickly very consistently by anyone. It takes skill to launch the Corvette to produce similar times as the E55.

·
Registered
2000 E55 / 2003 G500 / 2011 BMW M3
776 Posts
I like just about everything about my E55, except for the tranny in "manual" shift mode.

Why - the gear changes are too slow to react once you flick the lever to select another gear. Find my self hitting the speed limiter unless I realy watch the Tach, and plan ahead, and for the delay.

It is an electronically controlled function, and I have wondered if the shift speed can be increased ?

·
Registered
2000 E55, 2002 WRX
41 Posts
Honestly i have fun driving it. As well as getting reactions from people when they see me actually driving the car. [:D]. And yes the town im from is not a mid-class society. so reactions are funny.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Look up FUN in the dictionary...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts