Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1992 300CE (Formerly), 2000 E430 Sport (Lost in Accident), 2002 E430 4-Matic (Currently)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and i'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I'm going to change my transmission fluid as well as gasket and filter this weekend on my 2000 E430 Sport. I went to the benz dealer and got all the parts and fluid I needed (230 in parts.. ouch) and I also bought the MB trans fluid dipstick. My only question now before I go ahead and do this is, how much fluid does my trans take? I bought this car almost 2 years ago and the private seller lost the manual and so when it comes to the important things like this, i'm a little lost. Also, do you have any tips before changing the fluid? thanks!

Tr1gga

·
Registered
1992 300CE (Formerly), 2000 E430 Sport (Lost in Accident), 2002 E430 4-Matic (Currently)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help! But i'm confused about the car manual link. when i click on a 01 e-class manual (closest to my car), it brings up a page for Mazda E-Class insurance? Am I missing something?:confused:

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
No, you're not missing something. That particular link is now worthless. Which link was that again? I'll remove it if I can find it.

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
1,906 Posts
thanks for the help! But i'm confused about the car manual link. when i click on a 01 e-class manual (closest to my car), it brings up a page for Mazda E-Class insurance? Am I missing something?:confused:
Sorry, I tried it and get the same , I guess the link is broken.

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Hi,

I just followed GAMG's procedure but mine took 1 litter less. I actually put 5 litters on it and drained the extra one after because the dipstick went over the max. G's took 5 and mine took 4 litters. Just measure what comes out and if you want to try yumling's then so be it.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Remember too that our 722.6xx transmission is better off with the level a little low than a little high. One of the MB techs at my dealer told me that.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Kajtek1 got less than 3 from his (estimated) but usually it's a bit over 3 from what I've read. I suggest for the pan drop/filter replacement/refill that you have 4L on hand, pour in three, start, do the cold level check and fill to the bottom of the cold level range, then drive to the 80C range and set the final level. I've yet to hear anyone needing more than about 3.6, so 4 should always be okay.

If you're going to drop/filter/filll, then yumflush (that's my new word for yumling's great DIY flush) you'd want about 12L on hand, flush to 11 then set the final level with the last L.

However...all that aside, unless you've already replaced the nefarious connector/spacer/adapter then change that while you have the pan off as a preventative for future leaks.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the help guys! Great information here! I plan on doing it first thing in the morning, then hitting the road!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts