Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 Wagon 4Mat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Thought I would put out a question; Okay, I'm actually seeking reassurance after making what I hope wasn't a bad decision to purchase a 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon with about 75k on it.

The day I brought it home from the dealer, the CE light came on, went off, came on, and has stayed off since. Seems, according to the codes, that it was an Air Mass Meter, and this seems to be a fairly common problem. If it surfaces again, it won't be too expensive to fix - or so I am told.

The next day a front headlight blew, so I replaced it. Two days later, the other headlight blew. I replaced it. I had touched neither of the bulbs prior to them blowing, and I have never had to replace a headlight bulb on any of my other vehicles. Thought it strange that two would go in less than a week.

About a week later, a grinding/rattling/knocking noise began emanating from the front gearbox/driveshaft area. It sounded like the driveshaft was knocking against a peice of housing, but upon close inspection, the noise was coming from inside the gearbox. I took it back to the dealer who has now had it for almost two weeks. Seems they are having a hell of a time getting their hands on the parts needed to fix the problem.

The dealer is paying for the rental car and all of the repairs, but frankly, I am concerned. I haven't driven the car a solid week yet since purchasing it without having something to replace or purchase.

Is the 2000 E320 a good car? Many friends and family have piloted Mercedes to 180k+ miles with relatively few issues. Can I expect the same from this car? It is a beautiful ride, to be sure, and it seems to be in great mech condition, save for what is mentioned here. I am just wondering if I should pull the plug considering these ominous signs so early in our acqaintance.

Take a look, any thoughts would be appreciated:

http://www.motors.ebay.com/ (search for: 4545208228)

Thanks,

tg

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
It is a great car, but like any car, if it hasn't been looked after in it previous owners hands, it may turn into a disaster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts