Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
'00 e320 wagon
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thank you for all your help. We are back in business. Autohaus had a compressor sent to them to find out what was going on with the change in the Denso compressors with the same part numbers. The one sent to them was the same as sent to us and the model change and they couldn't guarantee we would get the one we needed since the part numbers were the same. We ordered a Denso from NAPA and it arrived with the correct compressor inside the box. It was installed and everything works perfectly. Apparently the NAPA brand compressor was bad and NAPA took it back under their warranty.

We are good with cold air and it is much quieter as well. This is the third compressor for my car. I purchased the car in September 2000 and replaced the original compressor in April 2016 and then again in April/May 2020.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,678 Posts
Thanks for reporting back. Hope it will be the last compressor you need to install for the remaining life of the car.

·
Registered
'00 e320 wagon
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I hope she keeps running for a while longer. I love her as much as the day I drove her off the dealer lot although she's not a pretty as she once was. I will miss her when she is no longer drivable and I have no idea what other cars I'd like better. She's been the best vehicle I've ever owned with relative few issues considering her age. This forum has been tremendous in helping what issues we have had with her.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts