Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes E430 & 1993 Mercedes 300TE 4MATIC Wagon
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ok should i have the dealer or a mercedes mechanic look at this??? Its not bad, unless I sit in traffic for more than 5 minutes...but I can tell it is different than before. I tried to do the fan test but it didnt come on b/c it was at about 60. Ill have to drive it around first and see.

·
Registered
1998 E320
196 Posts
I feel your pain. Bite the bullet... have your MB independant mechanic install a genuine Mercedes cat. No qualms about quality. Should cost no more than $550+ per side. You can do one side at a time. Again, I feel your pain. $$$ Just did it myself. When I did get it done, it made the car quieter and it sounded better at all speeds. What a good feeling. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2009 S550 4Matic
287 Posts
Hi Guys,

Are these Magnaflow 53005 pretty much standard? My dad has an E320, Euro model, back home, and I am just wondering if these will fit that car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Advice please!! I know my cats are bad because I hear small parts rattling inside the rear cats. I'm getting my engine mounts replaced(the vibration is annoying)and then I'll have the rear cats replaced(magnaflow 53005).Before I replace my rear cats I wanna know if it's possible the particles I hear inside my rear cats came from the front cats? I saw that posted on here. Also I have new O2 sensors. should I wait till I replace the bad cats before I change the sensors?

·
Registered
1992 300CE, Engine M104, (2002 E320 4matic Wagon—Retired)
329 Posts
I went with after market cats for my replacement and after a year and a half I have periodic CELs. It seems like it is better to stick with OE cats if you do not want to deal with issues later.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts