Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2000 CL500 Irish car, the language on the command unit is german how do I change it to english ? I can go into the system settings in german and the section that i expect to change the language (sprache) will not let me change it when i press the rotary button
there is no nav disc in the unit would this have anything to do with it ?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there
Was this question ever resolved? We have the same issue and have found it difficult to get answers from Mercedes or online
Thanks in advance

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,914 Posts
The instruction manual for my 2000 S500 North American COMAND stated that the language displayed on the multifunction display could be changed, but that the language shown on COMAND would always be English. I do not know how this is set or changed, but your car may work similarly. As I recall, the language for the voice instructions on the navigation system could be changed. That may be what the "Sprache" selection is for.

You might check with your dealership to see if the COMAND language can be changed vis Mercedes diagnostics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The instruction manual for my 2000 S500 North American COMAND stated that the language displayed on the multifunction display could be changed, but that the language shown on COMAND would always be English. I do not know how this is set or changed, but your car may work similarly. As I recall, the language for the voice instructions on the navigation system could be changed. That may be what the "Sprache" selection is for.

You might check with your dealership to see if the COMAND language can be changed vis Mercedes diagnostics.

Thanks Skylaw! We should be able to change it where it says SPRACHE, however, we cannot select that option. It is there but cannot be selected. Date and time plus Beeps can be. We purchased ours last week and was all in English fine - I was having trouble changing date and time settings so did a factory reset and it changed it all to German. I'm going to another Mercedes dealer today as the one from yesterday didn't know anything about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts