Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
89' 560SEL, 92' 300CE
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a possible good deal on a 00' C230 Kompressor. I just never really looked into this chasis. I have a W126 and W124, and luv em'. Just wondering what I should be aware of before purchasing. Any common problems with this model? I'm suppose to go back tomorrow to inspect it a lil more and to go over his service records. Any services I should make sure has been done? I just don't wanna go in with my eyes shut. Thanks for any info everyone. Aloha...

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Hey Eric and Schlampe... I would suggest checking out http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202-c-class/1230237-w202-common-problems-their-solutions.html

I can tell you that from owning my 2000 C230K for over a year now and putting 24k miles on it I have no problems to report... I keep up on the maintenance so that has been my only costs.

Contrary to MB's original idea of "sealed for life" transmissions... the transmission fluid should be changed every 50k miles.

As far as the Kompressors go... there are no faults... they are solid. Oh and fast as hell too lol.

I can't really say much else... I love my car... I too have had a W126 and W124 coupe and I really like the W202 as it feels like a smaller W124 (which is my favorite series). But I needed something newer since I commute 75 miles a day and the CE was in the shop A LOT.

How many miles, what color, Sport or Luxury and asking price??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts