Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying I know very little about cars but have used this forum as a great resource. I recently had my 2000 c230 100k transmission serviced (filter and replaced some seals). The wiring harness had been disconnected to the transmission had been disconnected in the service to repair some seals. Once the service was complete the car would not shift out of first gear. The mechanic (who has experience with MB)states that there are two codes that appear 1. electric shifter kit and 2. turbo turbine code. He also states the the transmission filter was well overdue for a change and found some metal shavings on the filter and fears the transmisson may be bad. My question is does the transmission need to be reset from the dealership since the wiring harness had been disconnected? Does the dealership have the ability to test the transmission to see what condition it is in?

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Hi, while the folks here may be able to offer some help, you are actually in the wrong forum for your car. This is the W202 AMG forum, and you need the regular W202 forum located here: W202 C-Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Sorry I don't have advice for you but I know the car will go in limp home mode if the electronics located directly under the shifter console get wet so perhaps he unplugged something there during the work? Hopefully other members will have better suggestions for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts