Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here having problems searching the "threads" and "links". If anyone knows where i could find a good thread on a tune up for a 2000 c230 kompressor i would be soo stoked to have that link. Thank you guys!!

·
Registered
96' C220
1,275 Posts
Tune em' up!

Lessor 1007,

Possibly the reason why you had trouble searching is that Tune-ups on these cars are almost none existant. Outside of regular maintenance like Air Filters, Oil Changes, and occasional Spark Plug R&R there's not much to a tune-up.:) If your Spark Plugs Wires and plugs are old you may want to replace them. I'll see if I can find you a good Plug change Thread. Cleaning the Throttle Body would be another good Preventative Maintenance item. So far I don't think anyone in the W202 section has done a Thread with pics. on that one. You could be the first. What a great way to contribute to the Forum.;)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202-c-class/1395035-photo-diy-spark-plug-change.html

Good Luck & Welcome to the Forum!:thumbsup:

C as in 220

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
cjshade's advice is about all you can do.

Timing - fixed (crankshaft position sensor)
Plugs -- good for 40,000kms (if multi electrode type is your spec.)
Air filter - good for 80,000kms (normal running)
Oil separator - clean with solvent (if fitted to your model - prevents oil on MAF)
The accelerator pedal can feel stiff when lubrication is needed (linkage under the hood)- can make the car feel 'heavy' because you have to press hard on the pedal

Bruce

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice guys. Yeah from what i hear these cars go and go and go for a long long time. And your right oberoi the car does have that sluggish "heavy" feel due to that stiff accelearator, I'll be sure to lubricate the throttle body when doing all this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts