Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys .... first post ...

I got a 2000 model C230 kompresor sport sedan ... with a few problems and I'm hoping there could be some DIY fixes to these:

1. Hope i can explain this one: on any manual car pushing the selector left and up engages 1st and pushing selector right and up selects 5th ... so the selector is by default in the middle and will spring back to the middle if the selector is moved left or right (i.e. to select 1st or 5th gear respectively) ... my car, well ... the selector rests on the left, such that if i just push forward it selects 1st gear ... pushing it to the right it will spring back not to the middle but to the left position ... seems as though there is no "spring" pushing the selector from the left to the middle position ... can i somehow fix this myself ... seems like something small. like just a spring or something ...

2. Brake pad warning light: ... its on, pads are ok .. but when i depress the brake pedal it goes off ... as soon as i release it it comes on again!??? checked brake fluid level and its at max ... thinking sensor ...

3. The aircon blows too soft, where is the filter located on this car ... is there illustrative steps somewhere telling me where and how to remove this?

lastly i serviced the car myself ... is there a way to reset the service trip meter without visitng the MB dealer?

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,323 Posts
It is better for a MB liscense gagare or dealer to service your car.

2. When you change pads you have to clean out the oil and refill it. With the pads comes the sensors which also has to be replaced.

3. If your AC blows soft on 5. The air cabin filter is uner the passenger side dashboard. There is thread just below on this forun regarding how to change air filter and a member post the instruction (pictures) on how to replace it.

The only way to reset after a service is at your dealer.

Eddie

·
Registered
20 Posts
By "service trip meter" I assume you mean FSS (flexible service system). Page 84 of the C-Class owner's manual explains how to reset it. If you are w/o an owner's manual you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you the instructions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts