Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s 500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here goes...I have a220 model sept99 production.
I installed a European(tv button)command 16:9 format with the tv tuner from a 2003 s500 ...everything works except the navigation, it sees all satellites and can pinpoint the current location, what it cant do is plot the course. The error msg. is "cant find your location on a digitized road"...I checked the speedpulse sensor only to find that the sensor on the 2000 is on the c2-6 pin out and the 2003 sensor does not go to the same location it seems to be directly in the cambus...now i am lost...Steve, Scrochie any ideas???...anybody have this done and have your navigation working please let me know

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts

The speed signal needs to be put onto the CAN for the 2003 COMAND APS. The adapter is around 250 from Megacomm.

http://www.megacomm.de

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem, but the above device from megakom does work, unfortunately you loose the steering wheel commands while navigating so phone and steering wheel volume will not work while navigating...you can install a toggle switch so that when you need navigation you just flip a switch and kill the steering wheel temporarily, navigate, and the flip the switch after receiving the navigation route list and info

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just have a question hope you can help.
Was considering the same upgrade 16.9 command, have you heard anything about MBENZNL.com they are offering the head unit for $1000.00 US are they reputable? where did you purchase yours? any help would be much appreciated thank you Sean....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine from rudy at best sound and security in queens ny, now I know he ordered it from Germany but 1000 dollars is less then Rudy would charge, so if you have a chance to get one a 1k get it, just remember the part from mega COM to make it all work takes 1month to get to the states...if your lucky...mine took 5weeks to come...good luck

never heard of mbenznl...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts