Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi<br> <br> I wanted to put 20' rims on my S500, I wanted a GOOD sidewall, so I dont bend anything on potholes, since I live in Toronto.<br> <br> This is the only modifcation I am doing on the car, if that matters.<br> <br> I wanted absoultely, NO RUBBING, and I wanted my speedo to be as accurate as possible, I wouldnt want it to be more than 4 percent innacurate.<br> <br> Can you guys please give me the rim width/offset/tire sizes I would need for this.<br> <br> I would GREAT appreciate it.<br> <br> Amir

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 20

I have Brabus Monoblock IV wheels on my 600. The wheels are 9.5 x 20 and the tires are 255/35-20. They were installed by Brabus in Long Beach CA. Part of the installation was to roll the fender lips for clearance. The only rubbing I have had was backing up at full steering lock. They work just fine on the road. I checked spedo error using my watch and mile markers. The spedo appears to be right on. There is little sidewall on any tire that will fit on a 20' wheel. We drove the car home to Minnesota from California. I never felt the rims were in jepordy from potholes. You would be advised to be cautious however. Good Luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 20

I have Lorinser LM-5 on my S500 with the following sizes:<br> <br> Front: 245/40R20<br> Rear: 275/35R20<br> <br> For a 20inch tire, the 40 and 35 series is the largest sidewall profile for your front and rear, respectively. I went with those aspect ratios to protect my rims and for a more softer ride. You could go lower as in 35 and 30 for front and rear, respectively but risk damaging your wheels if you live in pothole proned areas. One side does rub and that is the rear passenger side. The problem was eliminated when I shaved off a mm on the inner fender of the rear bumper with a Dremel moto tool. It's the plastic part and not the metal part so it was simple. About 99% of all S class that put on 20' LM-5 experience rubbing on that side for some odd reason.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
I have monoblock VI, 245/35/20. 275/30/20. This is what brabus suggests. you can even go...

I have monoblock VI, 245/35/20. 275/30/20. This is what brabus suggests. you can even go up to 285/30/20.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts