Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with 20s on there roadster or have pics.

also would 20x10 rear and 20x9 front work i have a pending trade and these are comming off a cl500

·
Registered
282 Posts
anyone with 20s on there roadster or have pics.

also would 20x10 rear and 20x9 front work i have a pending trade and these are comming off a cl500
I have 19's on mine, which I can't wait to get off and put the 18" AMG Monoblocks that came with my deal on. Even with rolled fenders they rub and bottom out on stuff. Another feature I have, which you could look forward to, is a crap ride and poor handling... I can't imagine what 20's will do for ya.:eek:

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
The Black SL have the 20inch....... enjoy......:)

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have 18"s on my 1998 Sl, and I personally, wouldn't go any bigger due to speedometer, caliber and fender rubbing issues. I have the R230 5 spokes, staggered, and they are incredible! 255/40ZR Front & 285/35ZR Rear Pirelli Zero's....

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Custom Nutek 515 (20" for R129)

These wheels were custom made by Nutek in Orange, CA. Some challenges were encountered but the awesome guys at Nutek made it right. Front is 20" X 8.5" & the rear is now 20" x 10" instead of 20" X 10.5". Just FYI, we could not get a lip greater than 3" for the rear wheels.

Attachments

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
These wheels were custom made by Nutek in Orange, CA. Some challenges were encountered but the awesome guys at Nutek made it right. Front is 20" X 8.5" & the rear is now 20" x 10" instead of 20" X 10.5". Just FYI, we could not get a lip greater than 3" for the rear wheels.
Looking good Peter....:thumbsup:.!!! More pictures of your car with Wald body kit & pano roof please........ :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 19s but ive added 20s people get on my last nerve saying the car looks pimp with 20s it does fit with the right tires (visit MecDesign page) i added tires to fit to lower it & in my opinion and "idgaf abt anyone elses" its custom and my ride isnt really any different handling either and i can only speak from driving my own car just became a member i know topic has been long ago

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Haha, are you pre-emptively defending yourself against people that posted 3+ years ago? How about some more pics of the 20's and 19's, for posterity's sake?

·
Registered
5 Posts
To each their own bud i will post more once im done with the current one i have to me its a form of hating thats all i dont internet debate and it doesnt ride any differeny on 19s where im at not glass no great but to me its fine i have both sets

·
R129 HTT Founder Member
7,499 Posts
Like I said to each his own. You like it and that's fine for me they look pimp. I think 19s is the absolute max that looks correct on this chassis, for me the sweet spot is 18", and that's the reason I decided to go with 18s not bigger, not smaller.

You came on here saying "idgaf abt anyone elses" so people calling it pimp shouldn't bother you. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts