Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had a problem yesterday. I was coming home from the dentist(about a 40mile drive one way) with a slight crosswind. I have had problems with my drivers/left side amber hazard light up front popping out and hanging there going down the road. It only happens at speeds above 45-50 mph. I just stop and place it back in and keep driving. Yesterday I was driving at about 60mph and I heard a thud. I found a place to get off the road and to my suprise the light was gone. I was already a half mile from the light and I figure not much survived flying off at that speed. The light unplugged from the cord, no real damage, just looks bad. I'll replace it with clear corners, until then the cars out of commission. Question is, when I install the clear corners, am I again going to have this problem? Was the problem with the light itself or the casing? It was very loose compared to the other side, I can pull the other one out but I have/had to pull to get it. I'm just wondering so I don't lose another light.

Now, the audio question. I pulled the Becker head unit out of my car this summer, never got around to getting the harness from Crutchfield. I have a Pioneer DEH-245, older, but worked good in our truck, that I am planning to put in the 300E. The radio came with a Ford Harness. Question is, if I were to cut the factory plugs and the Ford plugs, matched up the wires and soldered the factory wire to the ford harness , would I have a problem with the fader(or another problem altogether)? Would the factory fader override the head unit or vice versa or would they both work?

I appreciate the adivce anyone can give to me, thanks, M44

·
Registered
16,789 Posts
The tab on the now destroyed corner light was broken off causing the incident.

Usually the tab gets broken when somebody pushes the tab the wrong way and it breaks.

The new corner lights will come with new tabs. Just be sure to shove the new lights in far enough until you heard it click or pop. That's the sound of the tab latching on the sheetmetal of the car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks! Now I don't need to be concerned about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts