Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Drew, quick question for you... Have a 2001 C240 in bordeau red - like you're 2003 C320 4-matic.
I had a faulty driver's side signal bulb harness replaced about a month and a half ago under warranty (apparently known to dealer and common problem)

Now the side marker signal bulb has gone out on the driver's side (the signal indicator on the side of the front bumper) I'm figuring this is only a dead bulb and that I have to pay for a replacement or is this covered under the 4 year warranty?

As well where is the best place to get a pair of clear lens covers for the side indicators? I've seen them on e-bay for USD$25.

Thanks for your time

Dan

Attachments

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
That's Bordeaux Red?...

Wow, it seems very bright! [:)]

I had a faulty driver's side signal bulb harness replaced about a month and a half ago under warranty (apparently known to dealer and common problem)
Yes, it is a known problem and they have updated sockets & harnesses to deal with that.

Now the side marker signal bulb has gone out on the driver's side (the signal indicator on the side of the front bumper) I'm figuring this is only a dead bulb and that I have to pay for a replacement or is this covered under the 4 year warranty?
Oh you mean the side marker standing lamp? Those don't flash at all since that's what the rearview mirror signal strips are for. Yes, it sounds like a dead bulb. You can easily change it yourself actually. To remove the lens, you have to slide it backwards and then pry it out on the forward edge of the lens. It is held in by tension only and the flexing of the bumper plastic; you might want to use a slotted screwdriver with some masking tape on the end so that it doesn't scratch your paint. The bulb then twists on and off; IIRC the owner's manual has some instructions on this.

As well where is the best place to get a pair of clear lens covers for the side indicators? I've seen them on e-bay for USD$25.
Yes, I bought mine on Ebay for around that price as well. That seems to be the only place to get them. You might find that with the clear corners, the stock bulbs will appear very yellowish. Consider getting the Hyperwhite LED wedge bulbs that I have from one of our sponsors, <a href=http://www.myroadster.net/led.asp">formymercedes.com</a>.

They'll be much whiter and cleaner looking. The only caveat is that you'll need to tap a generic W5W bulb socket off of the wiring so that the bulb-out indicator is fooled into thinking that a normal incadescent bulb is there (since the LEDs draw much less current). However, I can certainly get the sockets for you if you wish.

Attachments

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
It's more like Magma Red ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts