Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Coupe
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

My E320 coupe has almost 2" gap in the steering wheel. What might cause that problem ? Should I start with the damper first or something else ?

I also have been experiencing problem when I am starting the car. Sometimes it either doesn't start when I first turn the engine on in the morning or I need to crank it a little bit longer than usual to make it work. I am going to take it to mechanic tomorrow morning but first I wanted to get your opinions about it. Thanks a lot.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,756 Posts
With such little information provided, about all anyone can do is make wild ass guesses about your concerns. Odd starting problems could be all manner of things.. any opinion would be as good as any other opinion. No clue without some degree of history on the car. I would assume the "gap" in steering you mention is actually "play" in the steering. Again, no clue on the service history of the steering components.. just guesses. I will venture to say the dampner will not solve or cause the problem.

Help us help you and provide all the service information/history you can.

Jayare

·
Registered
1995 E320 Coupe
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With such little information provided, about all anyone can do is make wild ass guesses about your concerns. Odd starting problems could be all manner of things.. any opinion would be as good as any other opinion. No clue without some degree of history on the car. I would assume the "gap" in steering you mention is actually "play" in the steering. Again, no clue on the service history of the steering components.. just guesses. I will venture to say the dampner will not solve or cause the problem.

Help us help you and provide all the service information/history you can.

Jayare
I'll take "Loose steering box mounting bolts" for $100 Alex
Thank you very much. I took it to mechanic and they told me that the problem was the fuel pressure regulator. I had them replace the part this morning and now it runs perfect. I am still working on the steering wheel issue. As soon as I figure it out I will let you guys know :)

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,756 Posts
Please keep everyone in the loop. Posting resolutions to problems only helps the next guy/gal that comes along. One down, one to go....

Good Luck

Jayare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts