Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S500V
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Instead of paying $20 for some 6" wiper blade replacements from the stealership. I was able to fit a cheap Pylon rubber blade into our stock MBZ wiper arm. So, here is a short replacement procedure that shouldn't take more than few minutes. Tools needed: 1/8" drill bit, cutters, flat blade screwdriver, and shot of perserverence...

Start by pressing the small pin out of the wiper blade and arm. It is held in by a small plastic tab inb the arm. Very carefully pry open the two blade clamps with a screwdriver and spread them about 1/4" Cut your $2 Pylon blade to fit. Slide new cut blade in. Drill 1/8" on the end and secure w/a black tye wrap so rubber blade doesn't slip out. Put new blade wi/new rubber back into arm with old pin. That's it. Now, I got to figure out to use some cheap replacements for the windshield...

Attachments

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
i ve been trying to make a windshield replacement for the last 2 years, while most work they were ALL squeaky... i eventually installed OEM's.

some were better than others as far as not squeak for couple weeks after the install, but all eventually became noisy

never tried them on the headlights, they should work fine there, so thank for the tip.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,978 Posts
It does not really matter even if it squeals on the headlights for the cost of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts