Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
FWIW - based on my purchase of the seats that were the original topic of this thread - my experieice with this seller is that he is honest and trustworthy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FWIW - based on my purchase of the seats that were the original topic of this thread - my experieice with this seller is that he is honest and trustworthy.
Hey! Thanks for the post! You're the one that came up from Virginia with the white van, right? Thanks for saying something on here, I know how it can be, buying stuff based on pictures from someone who is a distance away... I appreciate the reference! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
Three and a half years later......

So I recently "won" a Buy it Now on Ebay on a pair of brand new, showroom model, never been on the road black Recaro CSE's, yes, CSE's (owner's manuals included), but due to a third party buying them ahead of me direct from the owner (who was not the Ebay seller) outside of the Ebay process, my deal never materialized. After pouting for a while :crybaby2: :rolleyes: I came to the realization that I am the worlds greatest procrastinator/ biggest lazy ass on the planet and FINALLY started the Leatherique based restoration of the Recaro Classic C's that I bought back in 2009 and that are the subject of this thread. :surrender:

The leather was ROCK HARD to start, but otherwise in pretty good shape. So far I'm on my third application of the rejuvenating oil and I must say that the leather seems to be responding really nicely. It's getting softer and more surface consistent. I think it's going to take maybe three or so more rounds of oil soak for them to get as good as they're going to get. I have mounts and plan to install the seats when I'm done. If things work out, I'll post some pics.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,801 Posts
Sometimes missing out makes us realize what we already have :thumbsup: I speak from experience.

Can't wait to see the pics.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts