Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now to tackle the navigation unit install. Since I do not have the access panel in the trunk I figured I could fashion a mount and attach it to the rear fuse box mount or the speaker panel below the rear window and just re-route the antenna, and fiber cables.

Am I the only one who is not particularly interested in paying for the pre-cut liner and removing the existing liner just for an access panel? For those who have fitted the navigation drive themselves how did you mount the unit?

Also, how in the hell do I remove the HK sub below the rear window so I can get the part number. I stupidly purchased an HK sub from a W211 wagon (A211 820 29 02) and I didnt realize it was from a WAGON until I already commited to buy (So I am selling it for $75+ shipping)

Thanks for your help

·
Purple Moderator
21,710 Posts
I saw one where the owner did cut the liner and made a hatch with a flap to access the drive slot.
He told me his biggest challenge was getting the COMAND unit updated to run the Nav.
He lived 90 miles from a dealer and had to make two trips to get the firmware correctly
done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts