Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..so my friend decided to change out his BRABUS replica monoblocks 19x9.5 and 19x8.5 with the almost worn-out 265/30s in the back and 235/35s in the front. Thinking that I could mount them on the SLK320 too kinda get a different look as I am idiotically tired of my car's look with the 16s...I baught them from him for dirt cheap. So, I tried them on..and, THEY DO fit. BUT, it needs a drop. Now, I am a fan of nicely dropped cars..when I say nicely drop..i dont mean, civic-slam..but, NO gat at all in between tire and fender, I already rolled my fenders before doing anything... SO, for those of you with a little more experience.. what springs to use.

I think that that H&R cup kit is just too damn low for daily driving, specially a car that you share with your dad. So..Im thinking springs..and later on change the shocks (car only has 28K high-way miles..2001)
Eibach Pro-Kit...
H&R Sports...
Brabus Springs...
or???
Also, should I swap out the spring perches...I have a non-sport SLK320. If so...which ones?

What I am looking for is someone that tell me a good combination to complete this drop perfect drop with these wheels. I later plan to put 255 Falken Azenis since I dont want the rear to be rubbing and to get that streched tire look....

·
Registered
190E 2.3 & SLK230K
403 Posts
i recommend going with an Eibach suspension because Eibach springs provide a moderate drop of 1.2" all-around...and you don't want your car to be too low otherwise it will rub like mad...especially since you have 19" wheels...

btw...can you please post pics of your car with the 19s? I would love to see what they look like...and if you can also get a shot from the back so I can check out those wide 265 mm tires! [:D]

i really wanted 19" wheels on my SLK too...but i think it'll rub too much because I like my cars low...so I'm going to get 18" staggered wheels in about a month or so...I haven't decided which ones but I want either the ASA ST4s or SSR GT10s...and yes, i'm aware of the huge price difference in the wheels but I'm gonna see which ones look better in-terms of my "cost-to-look ration" and go from there...haha...

·
Registered
2002 SLK 320 2007 GL 450
33 Posts
I tried to by the ST4's (in chrome although the silver was available from TireRack and others) and nobody, I mean nobody, could get them. Waited over 6 months and finally bought some Rondel 73's with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3. I'm very happy with the combo. Nice clean look and quiet, grippy tires w/o any noticable deteriation of the ride. I think your choice of the ST4 will look great on your car.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will deff. post on some pics this weekend...I only test fitted them to see if they woulf fit OK, they are now sittin at RPM Of Miami, (the shop where we do all our work to our cars and hang out)... since I dont want to install them before dropping the car, but I cant wait[}:)]...this weekend I will install them all, wash everything up, and measure how much of a drop I really need...later, I will post everything up for you guys to help me decide what aprings to go with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts