Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im getting these rims.
i have 18's on my car now and think they look to small.
Im thinkin bout 19's or 20's,
I am not gona lower the car, and if i get 20's the car will sit higher apprently.
So im thinkin bout getting 19's, will it look good?
i have a e350, full e63 amg bodykit. (colour of the car is black).
Your advice and opinion would be great.
Thanks.
*these are the rims im getting*

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Kool!:)

Staggered? what size tires?

But a little too much cleaning for me! :D

·
Registered
E 500 w211 2002
21 Posts
nice rims. i went from 17s to 19s to 20s and then back to 19s. reason being the 20s are just way too bumpy (car is lowered and we have just has a little baby) so 19s was the max. I would however make sure i get atleast 8.5 and 9.5 staggered if not 8.5 and 10.5 would be mean ! :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aw nice, thanks and yeah i am gona get staggerd aye.
im thinking about lowering the car too with 19's, How bumpy does it feel?
is it worth it?
Because i want a smooth ride but yeah but also lil sporty.
Because i've done alot of mods to the e350, Kleemann camshaft, kleemann headers, Brabus ecu, dual catback stainless steel sports pipe.

·
Registered
E 500 w211 2002
21 Posts
aw nice, thanks and yeah i am gona get staggerd aye.
im thinking about lowering the car too with 19's, How bumpy does it feel?
is it worth it?
Because i want a smooth ride but yeah but also lil sporty.
Because i've done alot of mods to the e350, Kleemann camshaft, kleemann headers, Brabus ecu, dual catback stainless steel sports pipe.
I went from these - http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1750/img6685.jpg

to these - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7843/img0131f.jpg

And then back :) If u dont get some forged wheels it is seriously bumpy due to the extra weight. IF you want to keep it sporty then go 19s and if you must go 20s then get some forged wheels (10-12kg or so :)) IMHO that s :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went from these - http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1750/img6685.jpg

to these - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7843/img0131f.jpg

And then back :) If u dont get some forged wheels it is seriously bumpy due to the extra weight. IF you want to keep it sporty then go 19s and if you must go 20s then get some forged wheels (10-12kg or so :)) IMHO that s :)
Aw nice,
At the moment i have 18's
But yeah dont really look good on the car because they look to small.
So 19's it is then.
But do you think i should lower the car too?
If so, how do you think the car will feel with 19's with H&R sports lows?
i really dont want a bumpy ride, but yeah a lil sportier ride shouldnt hurt aye?
I've orderd some sway bars for my car get them in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
E 500 w211 2002
21 Posts
Aw nice,
At the moment i have 18's
But yeah dont really look good on the car because they look to small.
So 19's it is then.
But do you think i should lower the car too?
If so, how do you think the car will feel with 19's with H&R sports lows?
i really dont want a bumpy ride, but yeah a lil sportier ride shouldnt hurt aye?
I've orderd some sway bars for my car get them in 3 weeks.
Hey bud
Well thats my opinion :) Some would try fit 22s even :p
Yeah i would always lower my car, again up to you, some cars arent too bad without lowering.
Springs i have no idea really, mine is airmatic. H&R generally i have only heard good things about though but cant comment for your application.
btw where abouts in the world are you ? You sounds a little kiwi :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey bud
Well thats my opinion :) Some would try fit 22s even :p
Yeah i would always lower my car, again up to you, some cars arent too bad without lowering.
Springs i have no idea really, mine is airmatic. H&R generally i have only heard good things about though but cant comment for your application.
btw where abouts in the world are you ? You sounds a little kiwi :)
true true, Im going with 19's staggered.
Im gona lower my car too but yeah later on too but for the time being im gona try out sway bars ey.
Haha nah im not kiwi lol, Australia :p, and urself?
My mate told me to get big 22inch chrome's on my car lol, But honestly some people are very idiotic saying things like that because that will ruin the ride be bumpy and just give the car a bad feel and look over all in my opinion.
First of all the car is mine and they shouldnt really be telling me what to get lol cos they can wreck there car and make it look fucked up anyway they like lol, But i like my car to look good but not somthing over the top or make it look very "hardcore" lol. I dont mind people giving me there opinions and advice but thats different then saying *get big 22inch chrome rims on ur car because its black and it would look good* hahaha to be honest my 1st thought is *wtf*
At the moment i got a full AMG bodykit. 18inch black and chrome aftermarket rims, Dual chrome exhaust tips, Window tint as for the exterrior.
Keeping the interrior the same.
But the engine has had a few things done and also to add performance. Ecu, Camshaft, Headers, Sprint Runner (gives the car very quick and aggresive throttle response), and a sports dual catback stainless steel exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
E 500 w211 2002
21 Posts
Swaybars ? true, you want it to handle better ?
haha yeah from the 'aye' i figured somewhere around here. Im from NZ.
Nice, did you do all the engine work ? Seems like a fair bit to spend on the motor :)

true true, Im going with 19's staggered.
Im gona lower my car too but yeah later on too but for the time being im gona try out sway bars ey.
Haha nah im not kiwi lol, Australia :p, and urself?
My mate told me to get big 22inch chrome's on my car lol, But honestly some people are very idiotic saying things like that because that will ruin the ride be bumpy and just give the car a bad feel and look over all in my opinion.
First of all the car is mine and they shouldnt really be telling me what to get lol cos they can wreck there car and make it look fucked up anyway they like lol, But i like my car to look good but not somthing over the top or make it look very "hardcore" lol. I dont mind people giving me there opinions and advice but thats different then saying *get big 22inch chrome rims on ur car because its black and it would look good* hahaha to be honest my 1st thought is *wtf*
At the moment i got a full AMG bodykit. 18inch black and chrome aftermarket rims, Dual chrome exhaust tips, Window tint as for the exterrior.
Keeping the interrior the same.
But the engine has had a few things done and also to add performance. Ecu, Camshaft, Headers, Sprint Runner (gives the car very quick and aggresive throttle response), and a sports dual catback stainless steel exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the handling now, but because i did the engine mods i thought it would be a good idea to make the handling little better because you dont want to put tons of work on the engine and not take anything else into consideration ey.
N kewl lol so were pretty much neighbours lol.
And yeah i bought everything from kleemann execpt ECU Brabus did that, and the mercedes dealer here installed everything for me.
There not supose to because there aftermarket stuff but the owner of the dealership is my dads friends best friend so he made an execption.

·
Registered
E 500 w211 2002
21 Posts
Good thinking.
So Kleeman is available locally or you imported it for your installer?
I also did suspension mods like swaybars etc .... on my supra :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had to contact the headquarters in denmark, they posted it down to my house and i gave that to the installer.
I was gona go with brabus but one day they told me the cost of an item is $2300 and the next day the price was $3600 so yeah very un-professional of them.
But yeah the kleemann headquaters gave me a good deal on everything i bought of them.
Sway bars i had to contact H&R for.
and nice man can you tell the difference with the drive of the car with the sway bars?

·
Registered
E 500 w211 2002
21 Posts
Had to contact the headquarters in denmark, they posted it down to my house and i gave that to the installer.
I was gona go with brabus but one day they told me the cost of an item is $2300 and the next day the price was $3600 so yeah very un-professional of them.
But yeah the kleemann headquaters gave me a good deal on everything i bought of them.
Sway bars i had to contact H&R for.
and nice man can you tell the difference with the drive of the car with the sway bars?
Ahh i see. Yeah huge difference though the rear swaybar i took off cause i ended up lifting one side with weight transfer and with the torsen diff it has in there, it meant i couldnt power out quickly, went back to stock and kept the front one aftermarket. going to some coil overs, bushes and strut bars now though.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh i see. Yeah huge difference though the rear swaybar i took off cause i ended up lifting one side with weight transfer and with the torsen diff it has in there, it meant i couldnt power out quickly, went back to stock and kept the front one aftermarket. going to some coil overs, bushes and strut bars now though.
Oh ok sweet.
Im selling my AMG bodykit.
I found a new one looks alot better.
Its by prior Design heres some pictures of it in my opinion it looks elegant + sporty.
Tell me if you like it bro.

I love it aye.
AMG bodykit looks sweet but that looks awesome as well + less people have this so yeah win win :p
i like being different :D hahaha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts