Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have the 3 piece lowenhart LD1 rims, 19in on my 2001 E class. all 4 rims are bent I just found out. One is bent to the point where the tires flat. What can I do about this? I have no idea....Also What can I do to prevent this?<br> Can I get better tires like yokohama avs sport? I have toyo proxies right now, also the cars lowered but I didnt change the shocks, would that matter. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it. Thanks<br> <br> Danny

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can easily have the rims straightened. Lowenharts are easy to fix if the bend is on the inside.

It usually is bent on the inside becasue the aluminum used in the inner rim is softer than the outer rim. It can be easily straightened by a wheel alignment shop.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You can easily have the rims straightened. Lowenharts are easy to fix if the bend is on th....

i have 20's on my 2000 s500. i was always having a problem with the wheels bending on the inside because its aluminum. my car was hit a couple months ago and the ins co paid for a new set. im very careful now. but i still have the old wheels. all they needed were outer lips. i was looking for a while and finally found someone to get them sent to me. the only importer was dazz in the US. and they were no help. does anyone know where i can get these lips installed on the wheels. as far as the bending. it was happening at least once a week. so the second or third time i started fixing them myself . very carefully with a rubber mallet hit the inner lip where the bend is. i only had one bend where it caused a flat but it bent right back in place. i know some may say im crazy for doing it but i always had them rebalanced afterwards to ensure everything was good. good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: You can easily have the rims straightened. Lowenharts are easy to fix if the bend is on th....

So does this mean i should not but Ld1's...please help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts