Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
13,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell I have a 1999 SL600 that is missing a part that I believe is required to lift the front end.

I found this in EPC listed under 090 FRONT TORSION BAR & HEIGHT CONTROL VALVE USED WITH SELF-LEVELLING DEVICE. But there is no reference to the valve in top left of the picture.

Organism Font Auto part Diagram Map

I found this in EPC listed under 203 REGULATION OF DYNAMIC HEADLAMP RANGE CONTROL, FRONT

Font Auto part Triangle Slope Diagram

Reference 40 is PN A010 542 75 17 referred to as a turning angle sensor. I cant figure out what this has to do with turning angle but it is also listed under headlamp range. In any case this piece is missing from the right front of my car and the car is now propped up with a 2x4 and 2 spring breakers on each side.

So my question is are these the same part and responsible for lifting the front end of the car. And if so, since this car will be parted out I would prefer to bypass it some way possibly by putting in some circuit that would lift the car to a nominal value while I test the system out.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
13,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I want to make sure before get one. I will probably have to pick up a used one just to test the rest of the system. A couple are available on E-bay with the linkage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts