Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SL 500 Sport Pk
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would let you guys in on the experience I was having debating on wether I should try restoring my AMG factory rims or just break down and buy new ones..

My AMG factory rims had a great deal of discoloration around the machine lipped area or the edge part of the rim. I looked into buying new ones and that option was pricey to say the least....Over Two Grand easy....

I found a company out of Pensacola, Florida named Turbax. I sent my AMG rims to them one at a time and got them back a week later after sending them...The results are unbelievable....I mean they look brand new and at a cost of only 145.00 per rim. I had to pay about $20 bucks to ship each one but with no sales tax and the return shipping being covered by the $145.00 per wheel made it an easy decision. Anyway, I just thought I would let you guys know that there is a great alternative to just having to buy new rims and I could not be happier with my experience or my rims...

Mike

·
Registered
'96 sl500, 87 300td
134 Posts
I had a set of AMG mono block II's redone by a shop in Elkridge MD. It's called Ye Olde Wheel Shop (I think, they have been advertising in Autoweek forever. $95 per wheel if you just need painting and machining the lip. $95 additional if the wheel is bent and needs repair. They do a great job. Much cheaper than buying new rims.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts