Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year or so ago, I think a bicyclist had a pretty rough encounter with my parked S420's driver side mirror. I noticed the tinting in the mirror slowly started disappearing to the bottom, and the housing that contains the mirror and motor never locks tight to the door. When I go over cobblestone or even a bump in the road the mirror shakes and sometimes sags, whereas the passanger-side mirror is perfect and tight. Folding and unfolding the mirrors with the switch in the cabin does just that but does not re-tighten the housing, and popping it back with my hand when it sags only works until I run over another bump or even just close the door. My question is: does anyone know if this is an easy fix to get the housing to fit snug against the door, such as replacing a pin or bracket or is this something that requires an entire replacement?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have the same problem....dont know if the mirror was hit though. I always have to pop the mirror back into place with my hand.

I believe its the metal bracket

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I banged my head on mine getting up from washing one day. Since ibtook it apart and reinstall it its been fine. Worth doing a tear down and whole at it redo the wiring.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
On these late cars the mirror just prises out and you can see the internals. If you can still fold the mirror then slide a blade under the spring clips in the end and the cover pulls off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts