Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been a member of this forum for a while and it has been very helpfull in navigating the hell which has been airmatic on my S class!

I bought it with warraqnty so luckily have had new pump and some new sensors fitted, the airmatic light used to come on all the time but it doesnt anymore.

However....... since its been "fixed" I notice that the car drops down very low overnight at the front, the tyres go inside the arches, as soon as you open the car from the remote it starts to pump up.

The warranty is just about to run out and I wanted to check if this was normal or whether its another problem with the car.

Many thanks for all your help

Also.... has anyone in the UK had any luck getting mercedes to honour a bodywork claim, I have a few rust areas, the car has always been servied by Mercedes main dealer.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
1,335 Posts
You've got a leak somewhere. The car should not settle noticeably over several days of sitting, never mind over night. Mine will occasionally move itself a little on start up, but I've decided that's the self-leveling. I pull into my garage and sometimes turn the key off before it has a chance to adjust to my uneven floor. When it wakes up from that, it has to get its corners straight. Peculiar; it's always going about adjusting this and that, but it's entertaining.

·
Registered
1999 S430 w220
202 Posts
if this was normal or whether its another problem with the car.
No, there is something wrong with your Airmatic. Most likely, your front struts are leaking, but it can also be valve unit.

I've had my car sitting for 2 weeks lately - it did not go down even for 1 centimeter. But a year ago, before I had my front struts replaced, the car used to drop at the front within 4-5 hours, especially when it was cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts