Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,105 Posts
I have just replaced my Torsion bar (plastic) bushing. They were both creaked in the middle.

Here are some of the pictures and instructions I have used to replace the part.
Great photos and instructions.

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,750 Posts
Hope you had as much success as I had with replacement of those bushings. When mine were changed the plastic bits that fell out were like sawdust. Could not believe the difference it made in the suspension and it TOTALLY stopped the creaking that was occuring in the front suspension. This is a MUST DO project for any owners with high mileage on their ML.

I'm not getting anything outa this but these are the BEST bushings available !! Posting below was from March, but hopefully he still has some available.

contact Boschbrakes (hope you don't mind the plug) at :

I now have plenty of sets of torsion bushings for everyone. Every W163 needs this bushing to replace the inferior one that Benz used. Cant buy them from Benz and the one available on EBay and Amazon are cheap copies of the original crap (they dont even fit!). Just call me at 931-572-7021 or email [email protected]. 100% satisfaction. Installation instructions provided to make the job take no more than an hour for both sides.

·
Registered
2004 ML350, 1999 C230K, 1991 300SEL
502 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts