Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320 and 2009 E350
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Does anyone know how to replace the muffler bracket bush (#41). My bracket is rattling if I touch the bracket rattling stops. I have looked for crack or loose welding and did not see any of those. It clearly pointing the issue towards the bracket bush.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 ML320
613 Posts
The bush itself just sits tensioned between the the muffler mount hook and the chassis mount hook. You can just use a screwdriver to pry them off as they are just rubber/elastomeric. There is of course a proper tool. If you use two screwdrivers and support the muffler weight these pop off easy. Any muffler shop could change them in a few seconds if you can't find them or don't want to. Havn't replaced these on my 320 but have on others and it takes longer to type this out :D

Worse thing is knocking the dust and crud loose so wear eye protectors.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 and 2009 E350
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bush itself just sits tensioned between the the muffler mount hook and the chassis mount hook. You can just use a screwdriver to pry them off as they are just rubber/elastomeric. There is of course a proper tool. If you use two screwdrivers and support the muffler weight these pop off easy. Any muffler shop could change them in a few seconds if you can't find them or don't want to. Havn't replaced these on my 320 but have on others and it takes longer to type this out :D

Worse thing is knocking the dust and crud loose so wear eye protectors.

I just replaced the muffler bracket that was rattling intermittingly. I could not remove the bushing myself due to the limited space to maneuver the part out of the bracket. So I took it to a muffler shop. It was pretty tough to get the bushing out of the bracket, at the end they have to cut the metal cover on the bushing to remove the part. Once they remove the old part it was not that hard to push in the new part in. The initial quote was for $20, I paid $30 due to the extra work to take the old part out.

MB part # 1634900037

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts