Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 1999 Mercedes ML320, and I’m having the issue of getting it smogged, so initially I knew I had an EGR problem so I replaced the EGR solenoid and assembly altogether as I also did with the changeover valve in front by the map sensor, and once I cleared the codes and ran the drive cycle, there was no check engine light, so I took it in to get it smogged and the guy said that the MIL status is on however there isn’t any indication on the dash of the check engine light or any trouble codes when I scanned the car and I know for a fact that the light is working but I did see MIL Status on. I tried to see if there were any freeze codes but nothing. I’ve tried other scanners and nothing. So at this point I am stumped as to what to do. The only thing I could think is that possibly another fault in the egr system? Or a problem with the PCM since the battery did die before I went through and fixed everything. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could please help.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes ML320, Mercedes 190E 2.3L (sold), 2001 Mercedes c320(gone)
1,391 Posts
Any hint on what code he got? You could be up against a number of progressing issues like dull o2 sensors, clogging converter, dirty MAF. Have you read the code at manufacturer level from the scanner? It's normal to find nothing in obd2 mode and find codes when you prompt for manufacturer level codes

Sent from my Pace 2 Lite using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I have a 1999 Mercedes ML320, and I’m having the issue of getting it smogged, so initially I knew I had an EGR problem so I replaced the EGR solenoid and assembly altogether as I also did with the changeover valve in front by the map sensor, and once I cleared the codes and ran the drive cycle, there was no check engine light,
What was the status of emission monitors after you have completed drive cycle?

It needs to look look this.

Screenshot_20190628-102317 (1).png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts