Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!<br> <br> My 99 MB has side to side movement which drives me nuts. I have had it alinged three(3) including dealer which has not helped.There is 3/16 in. toe in/toe out movement from full load to no load on rear wheels.Is this normal???? If not,other tie rods,what else will cause this if everything is correct?<br> <br> Thanks in advance for help. MD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You mean 4-wheel alignments (all wheels at the same time referenced to the car center line)? Not just front two or rear two only, right?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 wheel alingment done three(3) times,once by MB dealer,worse when MB dealer alinged it. What is proper alingment numbers for this car ???<br> <br> Thanks <br> MD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I can think of are the worn tie rod ends and bushings. But your car is practically brand new; unless you have like 100K miles.<br> <br> Did your dealer acknowledege the fact that your car wander or did they just do what you tell them (aligment)? On alignment specs, sorry I don't have the numbers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
each alignment was 4 wheel align.. one being done with brand new laser alin. machine. Vehicle only has 25000 on it. Tie rod ends have been checked -and are good. I am aware that rear wheels have slight toe-in which would cause rear part of veh. to move in direction of most loaded wheel. Is this a common characteristic of this veh.?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
each alignment was 4 wheel align.. one being done with brand new laser alin. machine. Vehicle only has 25000 on it. Tie rod ends have been checked -and are good. I am aware that rear wheels have slight toe-in which would cause rear part of veh. to move in direction of most loaded wheel. Is this a common characteristic of this veh.?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
each alignment was 4 wheel align.. one being done with brand new laser alin. machine. Vehicle only has 25000 on it. Tie rod ends have been checked -and are good. I am aware that rear wheels have slight toe-in which would cause rear part of veh. to move in direction of most loaded wheel. Is this a common characteristic of this veh.? can you send me your e mail addy so we may correspond that way instead of this

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would expect, but it may not be true, that this car would have toe out not toe in.<br> <br> Most cars which propel themselves through steering road wheels have toe out. The reason being that as the power is applied, the wheel of their own accord, tend to move to the toe in position.<br> <br> Does any one have the correct settings<br> <br> Regards<br> <br> Col Tigwell Downunder<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts