Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum members, I just made an account and I'm wondering if the turbo diesels still have value? I have a 1999 E300 TD with only 86k miles, unmolested completely stock. I have gotten offers a lot lower than what I think the car is worth. Please some insight will help! And if you're interested I can email you details or post them here.
Thank you!

·
Registered
337 Posts
welcome! i'd check you local craiglist and kbb.com to find ballpark values. also let us know where you're located.

here in the s.f. bay area, i see them from time to time between a few to several thousand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome! i'd check you local craiglist and kbb.com to find ballpark values. also let us know where you're located.

here in the s.f. bay area, i see them from time to time between a few to several thousand.
Hey thanks for the reply! Im in the LA area, I've done some research and have seen prices to be all over. From a 180-200k mile one for about $4-5k to a 100k for about $10k. I priced mine at 12k OBO but people laughed at me lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
on the high side for sure, you need to get your ad seen those who appreciate these cars.

this (or other) forum and sites geared to us gear heads might be more productive places to sell.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Car is beautiful. However it is 20 year old. Might be able to get a little bit more if it was fully loaded. But $6,000/$7,000 is about the max I would think. I have seen people asking $10,000+ for these but I doubt they sell.

·
Registered
146 Posts
For those kinds of prices you are starting to get into CDI territory. Around here cars in similar condition are about $3500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Okie-Benz
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing