Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
If you wait until you have a problem ,you have waited too long..
722.6 5 speed transmissions should have fresh fluid and a new filter...even if you just drain and drop the pan , fit a new filter ,,clean the pan and refill with new fluid ..
If you do that ..then you won't have any problems.
Thanks! Will check and see the level and hopefully the color to have an idea.

Registered
wow! 3mos ago.....
with ALL this advice provided, and STILL no report back from the Poster Alj, other than "thanks for the info..."
No scan, no update on the initial issue.... hummm.

Sounds like a black hole thread to me....

just my 2 cents on a warm Spring evening. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Hi,
When I put the car in reverse, the reverse lights turn on but turn off immediately even when it鈥檚 still in reverse. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
Any lamp defective message on the Info Cluster when in reverse , or any other time ?

Have you installed the correct bulbs ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
When I put the lights on, the info cluster says 鈥 lampe grille 鈥 or something close to that

Premium Member
French for bulb defective. Do you know which bulb is bad ? Have you recently replaced the back-up bulbs or any bulb for that matter ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
I think all the bulbs are working. The only thing I see is when I put it in reverse the reverse lights turn on but turn off immediately even when still in reverse.

Premium Member
All the bulbs are not working. If they did, you would not have a bulb defective message. Check the bulbs over the licence plate (there are two) with the headlights on.

Again;
Have you recently replaced the back-up bulbs or any bulb for that matter ?

Were the lights working before? After what event the reverse stooped working properly ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Brake lights were not working and got that fixed. I think he cleaned the socket where the brake bulbs are and the surroundings.

Premium Member
After what event, did you notice the back up lights are not working ? Did the back-up lights stopped working after the brake lights got fixed ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 related because it鈥檚 been saying 鈥渂ulb defective鈥 before and after fixing the brake lights

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
And just realized today that the back -up lights turn on but turn off immediately even if it鈥檚 still in reverse.

Premium Member
The thing that is common to both lamps is the grounding behind the left tail light of the trunk . If the ground connection is loose or corroded, it will reduce the current which will be detected by the lamp supervisory circuit and power to the back-up lamps will be turned off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
That does sound like this is what鈥檚 going on. How do I check and fix perhaps.

Premium Member
This is the ground point for the tail and back-up lights. I would take it to the person who repaired the brake lights. Probably something is messed up in the process.

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
You don鈥檛 think the socket for the back-up lights is the issue? Thanks in advance for all the info regarding this problem.

Premium Member
Could be, but why is that both back-up lamps are not working at the same time ?

I would remove the bulb sockets one at a time and check it, and then measure resistance between the ground side of the socket receptacle and chassis ground (metalwork of the car).

21 - 39 of 39 Posts