Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S550 Sport ; 2003 CL500 Sport Pkg ; 1999 S500 ; 1999 CL600 **RIP**
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..my 99 CL600 passenger side seatbelt extender seems to have a mind of its own...it comes out when it feels like and its getting to become more frequent...any idea what would cause this?

Second, my driver side windows don't seem to want to suck up into the weatherstripping when either close the door, and if it works when I do, then if I open the window, and try to put it up all the way, it won't seal off on its own either. :confused: the only way I can get it to do what it's supposed to is if I open the door a crack, and let the close assist close the door and then it does it every time. Can I reset this maybe somehow?! :surrender:

Got a few more things but Ill wait to take some pics before asking :)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
The sensor under the seat is causing the Belt extender to think you have a passenger.. unplug then change it..

Windows need syncing try with the car doors closed press and hold the open button and open and close all the windows and sunroof..
hope this helps you..

·
Registered
W140 600 SEL 1992, C 140 CL 600 1998 , W116 450SEL 6,9 1978 , 300SEL 3,5 1970 , 500SL R129 1991
108 Posts
sensor?

There is no "sensor under the seat" for the belt extender. The logic of the belt extender is connected to opening the door. if you open and close the r/h door, it will extend. no matter if there is someone in the seat. There is might be a sensor for the passenger airbag, but its not for the belt extender.

but sorry, I dont know how to repair your problem.

·
Registered
2015 S550 Sport ; 2003 CL500 Sport Pkg ; 1999 S500 ; 1999 CL600 **RIP**
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sensor under the seat is causing the Belt extender to think you have a passenger.. unplug then change it..

Windows need syncing try with the car doors closed press and hold the open button and open and close all the windows and sunroof..
hope this helps you..
ok so I press what with both doors closed? open button on all windows and sunroof at the same time?! Im confused lol :confused:

I figured it was some sort of sync that the system needed but would you mind clarifying that for me please? : )

Thanks so much for your help Merc...

:)

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,401 Posts
I had the same problem with my coupe. Took it to the dealer and they tended to it. In a jiffy. Problem fixed. No charge.

Did I mention the problem was fixed? By people who know what they're doing? For free?

Rain's coming tomorrow to the Northeast. Don't get caught out in it with windows that don't go all the way up. Might muss up the leather on the doors.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
There is no "sensor under the seat" for the belt extender. The logic of the belt extender is connected to opening the door. if you open and close the r/h door, it will extend. no matter if there is someone in the seat. There is might be a sensor for the passenger airbag, but its not for the belt extender.

but sorry, I dont know how to repair your problem.
Is that why when you throw your briefcase full of papers onto the passenger seat without opening the door the belt extender works .. or am I just your average dummy??

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts

hope this helps you..
what? the extender operates on teh basis of door closed + key in ignition = extend

that's ALL

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
Is that why when you throw your briefcase full of papers onto the passenger seat without opening the door the belt extender works .. or am I just your average dummy??
if the drivers is triggered it will likely trigger the pass side as well.. other than that some weird euro option?

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
nope certainly not euro option. shoot me the vin. im curious.... i doubt you have a unique SRS system.............

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
On a more careful analysis of the question I wonder if the micro switch for the self close might have moved. That would explain the random belt extension if the switch is opening and closing with the flex of the car on the road.. It might also contribute to the none closure of the window.. as the door acording to the logic system is not closed for the correct ammount of time.. As you have a newer car you might have the inbuilt code reader that will tell you a number for the fault.. However if it is the switch, I think you should take it to a dealer to get fixed.. It is a bit complex in there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts