Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C230K
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've got a 99 C230k that for the most part runs beautifully, but on the first start of the day the engine hesitates and struggles to idle. If I give it a bit of gas the rpm's dive and the car is likely to stall. After about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or if it stalls and restarts, it runs perfectly for the rest of the day, even starts fine after 8+ hours at work.

I've searched and tried suggestions in other threads - cleaned my MAF, checked battery, and cleaned the top end of the engine with seafoam.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
cheers

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
Have you checked for any codes to tell you if one of the sensors is going bad? Your engine could be suffering from any one of a number of sensors going bad and thus causing the engine to run poorly during the startup cycle. With that said, have you tried fully running your gas tank to empty and then trying another gasoline brand? Some stations get bad batches of gas or water in their tanks.

Do you live in an area where they are required to have a summer gas blend for smog? I remember that one summer my car occasionally started poorly. The problem persisted most of the summer and then cleared up in the fall when they switched back to the normal blend. That made me wonder if some summer blends are better than others.

·
Registered
1999 C230K
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the suggestions...

just ran it dry and filled at chevron, we'll see if that helps, could definitely be seasonal as it started at the beginning of the summer.

It's not throwing any CEL, but I'll pull codes and see if there's anything stored

1 - 3 of 3 Posts