Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 1999 C230 with 232K Mile seems to run little rough. When I push my gas, acceleration is limited and I almost feel, I have to push gas pedal harder than it should be. Also, getting car more than 70-80 Mile speed seems to be harder as well. Also, I hear engine noise little louder (Not quietaa as used to be). Although everything is working fine, I am thinking it should be a way to make engine run smoother.

I have already done following:
1) Changed Spark Plug
2) Brand New MAF Sensor
3) Cleaned Throttle Body
4) New PCV Valve
5) 1 Year old Fuel Filter
6) New Air Filter
7) Oil Change
8) New Brakes
9) Lubricated Throttle Linkage
10) Lubricated Doors and hinges.
11) Checked and do not apear to have any Air leak

Is there anything I can do to improve performance of engine ? I am open to all new ideas..

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Is your fuel economy off?

Have you replaced the oxygen sensors? They are 100k items and if they are failing you end up with the wrong fuel mix.

You said, "no code," but have you actually plugged in a code reader, or are you just basing that on a lack of CEL and no malfunction in the console?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your fuel economy off?

Have you replaced the oxygen sensors? They are 100k items and if they are failing you end up with the wrong fuel mix.

You said, "no code," but have you actually plugged in a code reader, or are you just basing that on a lack of CEL and no malfunction in the console?
Yes, I did check code using my OBDII Code Reader. I keep my Code reader with me all the time. I have not replaced O2 Sensor ever. I do not think my fuel economy has gone bad but I will check since I am too lazy on checking it. Generally I drive same mileage daily and fill up tank every week which has not changed so I really doubt if that is changed.

Do you think changing O2 sensor will improve my economy even it is not bad ?. If I were to change O2 sensor, I assume I should chage only Upstream not the downstream..correct me if I am wrong. Does O2 sensor make run car smoother/quieter ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts